Tis the season, right?! Seems as though I "happened" to share my nasty sick germs with my sweet husband. Ugh. So between the two of us being sicker than we have in forever, Thanksgiving and then decorating for Christmas, things have been a bit crazed around here lately! I am hoping that after this week though life will begin to settle back down! {Ha Ha Ha!} And I am REALLY hoping that we haven't shared these yucky germs with the kids. You may remember that Gentry threw up a couple of weeks ago. She now has horrible tummy troubles coming from the other end and Huntler just seems "off." Chris took him to school and picked him up today and he said he was just mopey...TOTALLY not his normal attitude when he gets to go to school! I am hoping he is just worn out, but I took some pictures of him this afternoon and when I was looking at them tonight on the computer his eyes don't look so great. Fabulous. BUT...if we are going to have this junk, I would much rather us have it now and get it out of the way before things really get busy!! No one wants to be sick, but especially not over Christmas!
Anyway, I instantly fell in love with the idea and have thought of it numerous times since that conversation! About a week and a half ago I was messing around on Etsy and came across none other than this very little elf you see above!! Now, he didn't come with the book which is part of the tradition for many, but he came with a sweet little poem...and he was half the price!! Of course I ordered him and now have visions of this wonderful tradition that we will carry out for years to come!! Be sure to check out this amazing Etsy shop!! I want about half the items she has listed!!


Tidbits Left by

4 comments:
I learned about the "Elf on the Shelf" set in my mom's group when a toy store owner came and did a presentation. Such a cute idea...I've stopped myself several times from buying it knowing that my littles ones won't quite get it yet! Next year maybe!
hope everyone is up and feeling good soon!!! THanks for the etsy shop link....oh my...her stuff is ADORABLE as can be!
I just read the Shelf Elf book to Jackson and we put the elf up! He has so much fun looking for where the Elf is every morning..he named him Noodle! Ha! I totally thought of you yesterday..lots of extra cute candyland-ish clothes at Gymboree!! And Swoozie's...my favorite store, has awesome candy accessories!! Miss ya!
Super cute Etsy shop that has been one of my fave's! Love the Elf on a Shelf too - does it work on husbands too?! ;)
Post a Comment