Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A TINY Little Peek!

In the good old fashioned spirit of sharing fabulous ideas, I am basically ruining one of the presents I have planned for the grandmas! Sorry about that, but I am so darned excited about this fun little project I am working on, I simply have to share!!

Since I don't want to ruin the entire thing and leave some element of surprise, I am just giving you all a sneak peek! {I'll share the rest later on!!}

Photobucket

This would be the August edition of this super cute little calendar I have been working away on for the past few days! I am sure it wouldn't take a "normal" person quite as long as it has taken me, but my perfectionism and the fact that I have about 20 other things all going on at the same time has drug it out a bit!

I came across the idea for these sweet calendars last February or so when I happened upon this blog. I fell in love the second I saw them and still haven't forgotten them!! I emailed Shelley about a month ago and asked her if she was planning to create a 2009 template or if she would mind sending me the 2008 version so I could rework it for 2009. I didn't get around to changing the days for the new year but she did! I was so happy to see this post over the weekend and have been a busy little worker bee since then!!

Sweet Shelley is actually putting together a set of these fabulous calendars for one of her faithful blog readers. You may not be faithful yet, but I am sure she would love to have you pop in and say hello! Her photography is amazing and she seems like a great gal!! {I bought my 50 mm lens from her back in April!!}

Anyway, I just had to share this super fun idea in case anyone out there was in need of something unique and creative!! You still have time if you get to work!!

In other not so great news, life in my bubble was burst a couple of nights ago. Every night when Chris gets home the kids go running out to the garage. Pretty much 100% of the time they are barefoot...we don't wear shoes around here much! Anyway, Monday night I happened to follow them out which I pretty much NEVER do. I was just stepping out the garage door when what do I see? A scorpion running out from underneath the car. He was nowhere nearly as big as the one we caught during the summer of 2007, but that doesn't matter. He was big enough to look more like a rodent than an insect and his pinchers and stinger were just as fierce. Needless to say, I was {and still am} bummed. I am so, so thankful that I went out when I did and the kids managed to steer clear of him, but seriously, he was in our garage. Chris then so kindly pointed out that he could have probably gotten inside too. AHHHHH!!! We are always barefoot around here and a lot of time at night the lights are off when we are wandering about. Needless to say, I have been on high alert and every room I enter I turn on the light. We have gotten REALLY lax about the kids wearing shoes...really lax. As in they go outside barefoot ALL of the time. Well, not anymore. I guess I just kinda was living in denial but had a rude wake up call!!


{And in case you are wondering, Chris stomped on him and all sorts of stuff shot out of him and his stinger went straight up. Ouch! It would be so, so, so bad to get stung by one of those beasts!}

Thank you all for your help with the ideas for Huntler's teacher for Christmas. The closer it gets the more panicked I am getting and chances are I will end up buying something. I LOVE the clipboard idea but there just are simply not enough hours in the day to get things done! I am still working on some hair pretties to that need to be back in Kansas before Christmas and all sorts of other stuff!! That doesn't even count the other presents I need to go buy!! Ay, ay, ay!

So on that lovely note, I need to get to work! It is 65 here as I type and I am planning to take the kids to the park this afternoon after Gentry's nap if everyone is behaving and things are under control!!

post signature

5 comments:

Laura said...

Hey girlie!! Adorable calendar idea :) I love the look of it and I know the grandmas will love it. I should be a bit more creative and make something for my mom and mother-in-law, but I think I'm just going to create a Snapfish one this year. Time just seems to be running away!

Sorry about the visitor in the garage. Eekk! I sure hope you don't see anymore.

Good luck with the teacher gift. You can always do the clipboard another time, or for an end-of-school gift.

Anonymous said...

Yikes!! A scorpion?? Glad he's history!

Unknown said...

Awwwww! Love it! Gorgeous! The wheels are turning in my brain about putting one of these together for next year!! Thanks for the fabulous idea.

I'm sure you have a ton of great pics to choose from for each month. Hope you'll share them all after Christmas.

Polka Dot Moon said...

What a great present!!!

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea! We were thinking about doing a calendar of all the grandkids for my mom, but we just never got around to it! After seeing this little peek at yours, I might have to give it a try next year!!