Saturday, January 10, 2009

Out With The Old...

So we have been home a week now. I will freely admit the first two days we were back I did absolutley nothing. Lazy, unmotivated, useless. Well, my friends, when Monday rolled around and life as we know it resumed, I began my mission. An out with the old, in with the new kind of mission. Sit still for too long around here and you might just find yourself on your way to Goodwill!


Not really, but I have been organizing and clearing things out like I am nine months pregnant and in extreme nesting mode. That is most definitely NOT the case, but that is the way I am acting!

The twenty eight bottles of nail polish I was hanging onto for those rare {and I do mean rare!} occasions I paint my nails? Well, now there are only twelve. Probably still more than I need, but hey, it is less than half of what I started out with! The numerous bottles of hair products and accessories I "might" sometime need? Gone. All of it gone. The toys? Bags once again filled for those less fortunate. And the clothes? Ohhhh the clothes. I am in the process of dealing with those as I type. I am not an overly huge fan of selling on E-bay simply because I don't enjoy taking pictures of item after item of clothing and describing it. For some reason I just can't get excited about that?! I have a heaping laundry basket glaring at me with all sorts of winter clothes the kids have outgrown that I need to get listed sooner rather than later. And the giant pile of my stuff that I haven't worn in months and obviously am never going to wear again? Waiting to be folded and stuck in a huge lawn bag and carted off to Goodwill. They are either going to love or hate us when we pull up!!!

Seriously, I am a bit of a clean freak on a normal basis, but I have no idea what has gotten into me! I just keep thinking that this way there is just that much less we have to sort through and deal with when we move. Not that we are moving any time this year or anything, but it keeps me focused on the fact that at some point we are in fact going to be moving again...and moving home!

So, that is where I have been ALL week long. Up to my eye balls in piles. I guess it keeps me from sitting around and feeling sorry for myself since my heart and mind are still back home in Kansas! We still don't have the Christmas stuff all put away yet or the house cleaned. Why can't there be more hours in a day?!! And then there is the fact that I have already fallen off my workout bandwagon and did NOTHING the last two days and haven't eaten that well either. And THAT is why I don't get too hung up on the whole resolution thing! I mean, WHY set myself up to fail?! Because, I will inevitably fail the first week!

I guess that is really about all that has been happening around here! Pretty boring to be honest!! I am SO ready to have all these little cleaning/organizing projects wrapped up though!

I purchased this pattern earlier in the week and cannot wait to start whipping up some dolls! I am SO excited to start using my sewing machine!!

Photobucket

And in case you are wondering how I even found this little gem, I follow the Pinkle Toes Photography blog...religiously. LOVE her photography. Anyway, Michele is the photographer and she had adorable little Amry back in November. {Darling name, hunh?!} Amry's aunt is the one who created the doll but Amry's mom is the one I borrowed the picture from!! Clear as mud?!

And then there is this fabulous book that should be arriving in my mailbox tomorrow or Monday. I was browsing sweet Shelly's blog earlier this week and the second I saw the book, I knew I must have it!! With my girly girl, bloomers are essential! Now, let's just hope I can follow a pattern and actually make some instead of just dream about it!! Aren't the ruffles about enough to send you over the edge??!!

Photobucket

Of course Amazon had to go and recommend about a half dozen MORE books that were oh so tempting, but I restrained myself! I mean really, I need to save something until I figure out what I am actually doing!!

Now for a bit of randomness. Does anyone out there use Facebook? What do you think about it? I created an account over Christmas just to see what it was all about and now I am getting friend requests and messages every day!! Yikes!! Don't get me wrong, they are all people I know and I am glad they want to be my friends {thanks girls...you know who you are!!}, but I am not sure that I have the time or energy to keep up with something else?! I am really trying to simplify things in my life {thus cleaning out every nook and cranny in this house!!} and I don't know if I can do it? Just curious as to what you all think!

And since I feel like I haven't posted pictures in FOREVER, here is one of my sweet Gentry girl from New Year's Day. This was in my parents driveway. Chris was loading the car {while I of course found time to check my email and keep busy inside for the most part!!} and I snuck out to snap a couple pics just as he was finishing up. Gentry is giving Papa a thumbs up!! I thought it was too cute!! And I am so loving the seventies feel!!

Photobucket

Whew...and on that note I should get! Those clothes are still piled up on my closet floor waiting to be folded, bagged and hauled to the garage! And then there are the ornaments that need wrapped in tissue paper and nestled away for the upcoming year and the Christmas village that needs to come down! Goodness there is a LOT to do!

Happy weekend!


post signature

4 comments:

Trish said...

hiya, i use facebook. i like it because you can keep up with it at your own pace. plus it's nice to keep in contact with people you would never call and see their family with all those pics everyone posts!

Glad you're back, i need to do the whole purging thing too!

Casey said...

I was just thinking of doing the room by room clean out this week as the hubby will be home more. As far as all your kids clothes....what size are you getting rid of? (boys that is) You could send me one pic of some and maybe we could work something out? If you don't have time that is ok too.

Facebook to me is just like your blog and if you wanted someone to follow it they would know about it right? All my friends have it but I just can't do both is how I feel.

Be glad that you are where it is warm it is going to be nasty cold here this week. -25 with the wind, ahhh inside all week!

ttyl

Laura said...

We are on the same track...I've been cleaning out closets and have a big load for the Goodwill too! It feels so good to get rid of stuff!!

Oh-I did start a facebook page about a month ago. My brothers were both on there, and it was a good way to share pictures. I don't have time for lots of messin' around on there either...but it's been fun to connect with people! I've found a few people from college I've been looking for forever! It's neat to see where friends are now and pictures of their new families!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! My SIL will be excited to see this! Let us know how the doll turns out.