Friday, November 7, 2008

TGIF!

WHEW! I survived another week!! Although I wasn't sure if I was going to make it through our morning out, I did. And as I enjoy the peace and quiet of a sleeping girl, I can now find it in me to laugh about it with you all!


So, in an attempt to keep the kids from fighting like cats and dogs, I have been trying to get us out and about every day. I hate that. I do not like to go somewhere EVERY SINGLE DAY. I am perfectly happy to stay at home and find things for us to do around here, but with the whining, hitting and fighting lately, I just can't handle sitting home all day without some sort of a break! And since we can't play in the yard right now due to the manure and fledgling grass poking through, we have to leave. Ugh...

Anyhow...today our destination was Target and then Barnes and Noble. Target was great! But isn't it always?!! We poked around for about an hour in there, admiring all the fun Christmas decor, the pretty wrapping papers and colors this year, and just aimlessly roaming. Then we hit Barnes and Noble. Even though we have a train table in the comfort of our playroom and FAR more trains than the one at the bookstore, there is just something about going there and playing...the kids love it. So I told them today we would go. I loaded up some fabric and scissors in my purse {so I would have something to entertain myself while they played} and was JUST getting my goodies out when it happened. Gentry peed ALL over. And I mean everywhere. I could tell the second I saw her face what was happening. Well, actually, I thought she was pooping, but I knew that something wasn't right! So I hastily shoved all my goodies back into my bag and checked out the mess. I emptied my wipes container trying to clean up, but wiping up a large puddle with something wet isn't really that helpful. I swear she peed more that one time than she does ALL day long!! Anyway, I did the best I could and we headed for the bathroom...Gentry walking with her legs spread as far as she could the entire time. So we went in and I threw a pullup on her and gathered up her wet clothes, ready to leave. She REFUSES to let me hold her so I have to snatch her up and haul her out. She was flailing, thrashing and yelling the entire time. So, if you happened to be in a Barnes and Noble in Arizona around noon today and witnessed a scene just like this, well, it was us. Oh, and I forgot to mention that she was half naked because her jeans were soaked and I had no other pants for her...barefoot too. Yeah, it was quite a sight and not one of my finer moments.  But Huntler was a trooper...he followed behind like a champ, playing with Diesel 10 the entire time!! {That one train entertains him for HOURS!!}

So, that was my morning!! I have been messing around with my pictures from yesterday of the sunflare but there is NO way I am sharing them on here! I still have a lot to learn when it comes to that!! But I will share these two shots. They aren't that great either. I was using my Sigma lens and I just don't think it takes a good picture. I am spoiled with my Canon! Anyway, they aren't perfect and the editing isn't perfect either, but they'll work!!

Gentry is actually sickly...her nose was running nonstop yesterday and today and she just doesn't feel well! I can tell by looking at her...can you?!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

And on another note, check out this fun camera strap?! Julie over at Joy's Hope is hosting a giveaway for the creator of this little bit of happiness!! Head on over and get signed up!! I already did!! 

Photobucket

Well friends, I guess I should get moving! Gentry is still napping and Huntler resting so I should make the most of these moments to get something done! Have a fabulous weekend!!


post signature

4 comments:

by: Brian and Lacey McKay said...

Sorry, but I am totally laughing at you right now. It sounds like she got a little too into playing with the trains. Your description of hauling her out kicking and screaming is priceless. I can picture the entire scene in my head. And while I'm sure it was extremely frustrating for you, it was very entertaining for me! Thanks for making me giggle. :)

Jessica said...

Oh Bethany... I have been there. I think it is something about that Barnes and Noble. Kaleb has had a MAJOR meltdown there too. It is so embarrassing walking out with a kicking and screaming child in a place that you are supposed to be quiet. I hope your day got better after that!

Jules said...

Fabric flowers? At B & N? I am happy if Lulu only pulls 100 books off of the shelves. Can't imagine crafting too! Sorry about the disaster. H peed in Chick Fil A three times once and then I dropped my Coke on the way out. Disaster.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing what you can do in the name of motherhood? I mean, think about it. Situations you would never see yourself in, you somehow cope with and even can laugh about it afterward. While we're teaching our kids, we continue to grow through the lessons they give us. What a trooper you are! Give yourself a pat on the back. Love, Grandma Debbie