First and foremost I want to thank each and every one of you who has so kindly donated to the TS Alliance on behalf of sweet Avery. I am quite certain that none of you know Little Miss Avery and the sincere kindness you have shown is simply beyond words to me. I popped over to the walk-a-thon page last night and was brought to tears. I just sat at the computer for a moment and cried. Cried at the complete and overwhelming generosity of those of you who took a moment to think of sweet Avery and donate to a cause that means more to her family than you can even begin to fathom. And I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that many more of you have taken the time to say a prayer for her family or kept them in your thoughts throughout the day. For that, I thank you.
You all know by now that Lisa is far more to me than "just a friend." She is family in every sense of the word. I have laughed with her, cried with her, sat with her and talked with her for hours. And although our get-togethers are far less frequent than they once were, the place this family holds in my heart is just as strong as ever. Hopefully once the walk is over she'll have time to get back to her blog and you can follow along with her cute little family as well!!
So...are you ready for another HUGE batch of pics?! The lighting last night was A*M*A*Z*I*N*G! Late in the afternoon dark clouds moved in from the west and as the skies turned cloudy this beautiful light formed. And since the sun was not beating down on us, I got the kids dressed (they get dressed and undressed numerous times a day!!) and we headed out...camera in tow! It was one of the best times we have had in a long time! Happy, giggling kids, clouds, a nice breeze, thunder rolling in the distance...total ME weather!! (If you don't know...I LOVE * LOVE * LOVE cloudy, cool days! I am so productive on dreary days!!)
And before I go any further...I want to take note that these are ALL of Gentry. No, she is not my favorite child...I don't have a favorite child, but she is just so easy to take pictures of these days! She is still "genuine" for the most part...while Huntler gives me fake smiles and stares up at the sky with squinted eyes!! I did take some of him as well, but he was zooming around on his bike and they were NOT good. So, I had a mini photo shoot with him this afternoon and if I have anything good out of those, I'll share tomorrow! Just wanted to clear that up in case anyone out there has the wrong idea!!
Now, on to the pictures! I just adore them! I had to do VERY little post processing and am just so happy with what I got!! (And all in manual mode, thank you very much!!)
WEEE!!! Here she comes with all her spunk!! Cute dress, hunh?! That is her "Little Shopping Girl" pillowcase dress! Grandma got it for her for Christmas and it is VERY cute!!
Ummm...we seem to have a mushroom problem these days! They are popping up all over our front yard!! The kids are fascinated if you can't tell...
Uh-oh...does this shot remind you of anyone? As the storm started moving in, the thunder was beginning to roll! I was in heaven. Gentry was scared. Our big storm from a couple of weeks ago seems to have traumatized the poor child!!
Now for my favorite three!!
Beautiful blue eyed girl!
She is every bit ornery as she is cute! Don't let her fool you for one second!!
So, now for a little more photography chat! Sorry if you are sick of it, but that is what is going on in my world these days and since this is my blog, well, you have to read about it over and over again!!
And since it is my blog, I am going to brag on myself for just a moment if you don't mind! I was feeling a little bummed yesterday with the photos I put up. I mentioned that I also put those same images in my forum for constructive criticism. Can I just tell you that everyone LOVES that first shot of Gentry from yesterday?!! It was my favorite because of the idea behind it, but I was picking it apart. It was so fun to read all my comments here and in the forum on it! TOTALLY made my night! It is coming together for me and I LOVE that!
That being said, my incredibly sweet husband seems to think that my pictures are just dandy and I don't need that fancy new camera I am lusting over! So honey, if you are reading this, I DO need that new camera. Just imagine what I could capture with bigger and better sensors, less noise and faster focus!! WOW! (And for those of you picking yourself up off the ground after seeing the price of that baby, well, I am right there with ya!! However, as I pursue this and take the business route {on a small scale}, I will hopefully make some of my money back!!)
And now I need some help from all of you lovely readers!! This is going to be fun!! Let's just say that I was given a gift card to Baby Gap for Gentry (which I was) and I am not wanting to exceed the amount by much. I have narrowed my wants down to two fabulous items...but WHICH one do I pick?!!
The oh-so trendy polka dot shirt?!
Or the super fun and sassy tennies?!
I am leaning one way (which I am not going to tell you just yet!!), but I want to know what all you fabulous readers think?!!
And on that note, I should get going! Hope everyone is having a great day!! Don't forget to tell me your vote!!









Tidbits Left by

12 comments:
Again your photos are AWESOME...I am so jealous!!
My vote is totally for the little pink shoes!! Which is funny because I am usually not a shoe person for kids but I just love these!!
The shoes!! of course Gentry needs them!! :)
Love ALL your photos!! And love your blog! I am absolutely drooling over that adorable brown dress that Gentry has on!
My vote for your gift card is to go for the tennies!!!! They're sassy and girly yet sporty at the same time!
oh i would definitely get the shoes! i mean lets face it...when you are given a gift card you buy the unpractical thing because you are always going to have to buy the practical thing eventually! so maybe in the long run you will end up with both? if this is evil, sorry ;)
I have to agree with everyone else on the SHOES!! You'll get way more use out of them and they are so different from any I've seen! I'm wishing I'd seen those before I bought Abbey's pair at Old Navy!
And you ARE doing an awesome job with your photos, (what camera are you using right now btw?), but I must admit that the 5D is pretty darn amazing! When Brian first bought it, I thought it was too big and I rolled my eyes because I didn't think we needed it. However, the first time I got my hands on that puppy, I was in L-O-V-E!! The reduction in noise is unbelievable! (we had upgraded from the 30d) I have a much easier time shooting indoors now. And you didn't even mention the full-frame feature! That's the best part! Once you go full-frame, you'll never go back! The camera is actually the same size as the 30d, but he puts a huge battery grip on the bottom that makes it too big for me to handle comfortably, so as long as you don't have that, you should be fine.
You obviously have a passion for photography, so if you think you'll use it and you can afford it, I say go for it! We've only had ours for about 8 months and I already feel like we've gotten our money's worth! And if you're taking pics of your kids yourself, instead of paying someone else to do it, you're saving money right there!
Brian has been keeping up with the rumors about the new 5D that is supposed to be coming out soon and he says you might want to wait just a little longer because when that one comes out, the one you're looking at will probably take a big drop in price!
I would go for the sassy sneaks. They are too cute and I am sure she would get more use out of them. Love all the pics.
Kelly
Your photos are awesome!! I see a studio in your future ;)
Okay....as for favorites, of course I'm gonna pick the Polka Dots! Too cute!!
Cute photos- adorable girl. What camera do you use now?
As much as I love polka dots- I still have to vote for those shoes... so stinkin cute!
Love the pics..and LOVE her dress! And I wish I could be original..but the shoes are a must!!
Shoes!!!!
Brandy
The shoes for sure! A girl can never have too many! ;)
Thanks so much for the love you are leaving on my blog; I appreciate your positive spirit, encouragement and energy. It is always so fun to track new friends. ;) Thanks again- Kamee
your photos are fabulous!!!!
We are so excited to be celebrating our one-year anniversary (and a fun giveaway!) Thank you for being such a wonderful part of the last year!
blessings,
kari & kijsa
Post a Comment