Friday, September 12, 2008

My Brown Eyed Boy

So taking pictures of Huntler has been a challenge lately, a real challenge!! He is almost four and tends to act, well, almost four! As soon as he sees the camera come out he instantly glues this cheesy fake smile to his sweet face or does this weird squinting thing with his eyes. Usually both!!

So yesterday afternoon we were laying on my bedroom floor playing and I decided to give it another whirl. You know, try, try again!! And my patience paid off! I finally got some genuine pics of the little man!!

Each time I look at photos of Huntler I am immediately drawn to his deep, dark eyes. He has had these mysterious eyes since birth...always dark, always taking it all in. We really aren't sure where these brown eyes came from! Chris has blue eyes (which Gentry obviously got!!) and mine are more green! Anyway, these soulful eyes of Huntler's seem as if they have story upon story to share with the world...

Photobucket

I was obviously playing in Photoshop in this one...I gave it a dreamy feel!!

Photobucket

Would you come on already Mom!!

Photobucket

And my personal fave of the bunch!! I have said before what a serious, intense child Huntler tends to be so I LOVE these shots when he just lets it all go and acts four!!

Photobucket

He continues to LOVE school! He is learning SO much and in turn is teaching Gentry! He sings his days of the week like nobody's business and has in turn taught Gentry most of them because he belts out the song ALL the time. He also has learned to spell his name and is working on writing it!! I went upstairs the other day when he was coloring and saw an "H" and a "U" on the paper!! WHAT???? He has only been in school for a month!! As hesitant as I was to send him, I would have been holding him back and am SO glad Chris insisted that he go. And he LOVES it! Who doesn't want the best for their child and for them to be truly happy?!!

Okay...well, the munchkins are singing away their days of the week as I type so I am off to relish in the pure innocence of two and four year old joy!! It has been an extremely trying week with these guys around here again and I want to enjoy these refreshing few moments...won't be long until one of them is hitting the other or taking toys away causing a big commotion!

Enjoy your weekend!!

post signature

4 comments:

Just Me said...

Aww, those a awesome shots of huntler! I like the look you gave them with the photo shop, too. It's amazing all the things you can do with your photos! I should really send you a good one of lil to "photo shop" up.....I'd love to see the different looks that can be created.

Yay for hutler loving school too! hopefully that's a life long love!

by: Brian and Lacey McKay said...

I was immediately drawn to the eyes too, even before I read the post! I know moms always like the smiling shots the best, but my personal favorite here is #3! Super cute!

~Rachel said...

I know what you mean by enjoying the times when they are more sweet to each other...it seems like I will smile about something the boys do for each other and then have to say "Get off of your brother." Love the pics of Huntler!

Jaime said...

Your lil guy is so adorable. Such sweet photos.