Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Like a Kid in a Candy Store...

That is how I am feeling right about now! Like I could squeal with delight at the fabulous amount of fun I found on Etsy this afternoon! I can hardly contain myself and feel this overwhelming need to call someone! But instead, I am blogging! I am not sure my whiny kids would allow me to have a phone conversation the way this day has gone! In fact, it will probably take me hours just to complete this post!!

So as you know, the kids are both sick - I have no new pictures of either of them. I have spent the last week and a half working diligently away on Hissyfits stuff {which by the way is coming along wonderfully!}. So while I have been keeping up with blogs the best I can, my time on the computer has been spent researching photo stuff and "working." Not as much goofing off as usual! However, today I am goofing! It is cloudy and my mind is on candy!!

The past week my mind has been reeling with all things candy. I have in fact decided to have just one blog but am going to do that through Hissyfits. I don't quite know how all that will happen just yet, but I'll keep ya posted on where to find me!! Anyway, considering my love affair with my new logo, the blog is going to be AWESOME! Bright, funky, cheery, and totally candy-ish! So all of this candy chatter along with the fact that I have been planning this Candyland birthday bash of Gentry's for over a year now has me in full swing!

Today I was browsing on Etsy and just typed in "Candy Party." I have always typed in Candyland and although that is the direction I am going with the party, it is no secret that I like fun and original, not so much "matchy matchy." So...fix yourself some lemonade, get comfy and take a gander at what I found!!

First of all...I came upon this amazing shop!! We have never had a pinata at any of the kids' parties. I hadn't really thought ahead about whether we would have one for Gentry this year or not. Probably not since there is going to be a large abundance of candy there anyway! But HOW CUTE are these pinatas?! Seriously, my mouth was gaping at how cool these are!! So unique and creative!

Photobucket

Photobucket

This one would be the one I would choose for her if we had one! Only in more colors!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I have also been thinking about what she will wear. Yes, I am weird and I plan REALLY far ahead, I know. Just bear with me!!

I am thinking a tutu...a bright, rainbow colored tutu! {I have another idea for that same tutu for advertising, but that is another story for another day!} Anyway, I came across this fun candy-wear while I was browsing too!

I LOVE this outfit. LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about it!! I found it here. It looks like the skirt isn't available anymore though which makes my decision to go with the tutu much easier!

Photobucket

And this fun shirt! I am thinking I could make something like it...and if not, I am sure my mom could help me!! Pair a cute little lolly tank top or tee with a sassy tutu and you have the perfect party attire!!

Photobucket

So then come all the other candy finds!! There are some REALLY cool things out there and I am so inspired as I sit here now!!

These next three all came from the same shop!! It is FULL of sweet finds!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

What a fun party favor idea this is!!

Photobucket

Isn't this the funnest stuff?!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH so cute!!! Its so funny, I was talking to Chloe about her birthday party which will be in June, she decided she would like a circus theme... ok, thats cool, I can def. do a lot of fun stuff with that... when I asked her what about Kylie's party... she said candy land theme!! lol Im still unsure if I am or not on Kylies, but after seeing some of the cute stuff you showed, I might just have to put my mind to work and get planning!

Laura said...

HOLY COW...my sweet tooth is aching :)

That stuff is all so adorable!! I especially like the rainbow tutu idea and that shirt with the ribbon & tulle lollipop. I'm sure your mom could help you whip one of those up!
Those favors would be perfect. I'll have to email you a picture of the favors Megan made for Norah's party...very cute!!

Polka Dot Moon said...

My sweet tooth is hurting ;)

Lots of fabulous finds!

Megan said...

Wow everything is soo SWEET! :) I love it all. Funny thing I'm starting to do along with all the photography is I'm making tutu's for photoshoots and offering the one used for purchase. I'm also making some to just sell in general WITH matching headbands with flowers for the baby girls. So easy to make and so fun, and I don't even have a girl. :( one day I'm sure.. haha..
Also if you are totally interested, unless you are able to find them at your walmart. At my walmart near where I live they have the huge 5" to 6" big round lollies on the wood stick for a DOLLAR, I'm not kidding. I've already bought some for photoshoots as a prop and SO SO adorable. If you are interested I would totally pick up how ever many you need and you just pay me for their cost and to ship them, nothing additional. They would be SO perfect, but let me know. I thought I'd offer that to ya. I need to email you back I've been so busy. I'll send it today! So glad to hear everything is coming along for your hissyfits, I can't wait to see it!!!
~Megan
megn1234 at aol dot com

Anonymous said...

I love that skirt!

This theme really gives you so much to play with =)

Hope the kids feel better soon!

Mommy said...

Hello! my name is Nancy. I follow your blog....can't even remember how I found you :) I am so impressed with your talents, photography, and all you do....I love reading your posts! Thanks for sharing all your tips, ideas, where you shop and what not.... blessings to you and your precious family!