{Processed with Sheye Rosemeyer's new Eye Candy actions!! LOVE them! So my style!! I love the hazy look I added to this one!}
So this guy is finally on the mend. I wouldn't say he is feeling wonderful by any stretch of the imagination, but I know he is feeling better and getting better! What a difference a day makes!
So my last post had us home from Urgent Care and Huntler sleeping. Well, that certainly didn't last long! At 11:00 PM he was awake and once again burning up. I have taken that child's temperature so many times in the last three days I couldn't tell you what it was if I wanted to, but it was consistently between 104 and 105. So, we threw him in his third freezing cold bath in 24 hours. As you can imagine, he was hysterical and it was NOT a fun situation. But it did cool him down a bit. After that we had cold cloths and ice on him still trying to get his fever down. We all fell asleep as the cold stuff surrounded him! Anyway, I woke back up at 1:30 and he was once again on fire. This time the thermometer read 105.3. I panicked. I mean, we had been giving him dose after dose after dose of Tylenol and Motrin as well as cold baths and cool rags on his head and NOTHING was working. So I got myself somewhat ready and hauled him to the ER.
We have only been to the ER one other time and that was nearly four years ago. We lead a relatively calm life around here and trips to the doctor and ER are very few and far between! So anyway, by the time I got him there and they took his vitals, his temp was down to 101.5. Go figure. I KNOW they thought I was overreacting, but Chris and I were both very worried about the fact that we could NOT get his fever under control. We would so much rather error on the side of caution. And this whole time all I could think about was my friend Lisa and how she had JUST told me last week about two little boys who had died from Influenza A. Things can turn dangerous in a heartbeat.
Anyway, they gave him a dose of Tylenol and when after 40 minutes that had done nothing to lower his temp, they gave him a dose of Ibuprofen. I am really not sure how safe that is, but they did it. And his temperature finally started to come down. They made us wait until it was under 101 to let him go.
So there is that little bit of drama for ya!! He slept in until 10:00 yesterday morning and woke up much cooler!! I was so excited when all day his temp was only reading between 100 and 101!! By the late afternoon he wasn't feverish at all. Thank goodness!
Both kids continue to have nasty coughs and are just worn down. Heck, I am worn down too and could really use a LONG nap!! I am just so glad that we seem to be through the worst of this and am hoping by the end of the weekend they are both completely back to normal!!
In other news, late last night {or early, early this morning!!} I finished up my first blog design customer!! YAY!! Well, I should say "we" finished it up!! I did all the design but Chris is the computer whiz and did the html aspect! Anyway, it really came together and turned out so cute!!
Here is Amanda's new header! Click on over to see the rest of her design!!
On that note, if anyone else is up for a makeover, let me know!! Or, if you don't have a blog yet but want one and don't know where to start, I can get you up and running! I LOVE the design aspect!! As I was working last night I kept second guessing my decision to move everything to one blog through Hissyfits because I am truly going to miss switching up my design every so often!! Decisions, decisions!!!
And I am off! I probably won't be back until Monday. Since this past week was so crazy I didn't have much of a chance to get some things done that I need to get done and need to spend my free time working and getting things accomplished!
Happy Weekend!


Tidbits Left by

3 comments:
Okay..so blogger has not shown me that you wrote in awhile so I missed all of the excitement! Poor kids! And poor you! I know how hard it is for the mama to have to stay home...stir-crazy!!
Hope you all are feeling better!!
Hi! I randomly came upon your blog through some blog hopping & love the design! I was looking for something new for spring/summer and was wondering how much you charge for a new layout? Thanks! :)
florestfamily@gmail.com
oh my goodness. do you ever read about someone's life and think, "wow, she could be my friend!"? that's how i feel after reading a couple your posts.
i just found your blog from another and think it's fabulous! i'd love for you to doll me up with a new header. i'm in the process of changing mine a bit and i'd love for you to help with that part.
how much do you charge?
carlywinborne@bellsouth.net
Post a Comment