Monday, March 9, 2009

There Is a Reason...

There is a reason I never have expectations for my kids when I take their pictures. There is a reason I let them be and don't try too hard to pose or position them. There is a reason I follow their lead and take what I can get. That reason is my sanity!!

All I wanted was to get some super cute shots of Gentry in this adorable little headband yesterday. That is ALL I wanted. Granted, she didn't feel good. She was whiny and cranky. She is Gentry and is as opinionated as can be. And although I am not proud to admit this, she can be downright hateful and mean too. If she doesn't want to cooperate, she simply won't.

Photobucket

Take potty training for example. We had her completely potty trained months ago. As in she was wearing panties all over the place and it was no big deal. The one day she just decided she wasn't going to cooperate anymore. So she had accident after accident after accident and I, being the stay at home mom, cleaned up accident after accident after accident. I tried to tough it out. I mean, surely she would get sick and tired of being wet and yucky before too long. Turns out, I got tired of washing loads of towels and princess panties before she got tired of being wet.

So here we are in March and she is still in pull ups. Or "poo-dups" as she calls them! I can't tell you how many times she has asked us, "Potty in my poo-dup?" As in, do we care if she potties in her pull up. To be honest, more often than not I tell her to just do it. We used to tell her "No, go potty on your potty chair," but she would simply yell and scream and throw a huge fit. So there you have it...she is most definitely cute, but she is sassy beyond belief!! I KNOW that having opinions and being assertive will be such a great trait for her to have when she is say, 19, but right now it is exhausting!!

Anyway, I tried so hard to get some pics of her yesterday and she just wasn't having it! This is the best one I got!! And it did turn out pretty cute if I do say so myself...I just wanted more!! I am LOVING that bright green dress and those rainbow Baby Legs!! And don't even get me started on that headband!! It is so over the top and fabulous I could just squeal!

Before I get to the headband, would you believe it if I told you I bought that dress at Wal Mart of all places? For $5.00? Yep...I did!! And this one too!! So while I do like a lot of rather expensive stuff, mostly I just like cute!! And cute this is!! I think she needs it in more colors now!!

Now isn't that headband about the cutest thing you have ever seen?! My friend Julie is making them and has quite a selection in her Etsy shop! You should seriously go check them out!! I want one in every color for Gentry!!

And speaking of Gentry...she is laying across my lap as I type. I had her back in to see the doctor today. She is still running a fever and is having a hard time kicking this stuff. She is SO warm on me right now and her cheeks are really rosey. The pediatrician said not to give her Tylenol or Motrin and that the fever meant she was trying to kick this junk. Well, she just had some Tylenol. She obviously doesn't feel well...

Huntler is sound asleep on my bed. He too is still recovering! He was so, so, so sick that his little body is really needing rest. You know he is sick when days and days go by without so much mentioning his trains!!

And there you have it! The not so interesting saga of our lives!!

6 comments:

i love plum said...

you'd think after having two girls potty trained in the past i'd be able to handle just one more! help! i need tips...stella is going to be three in may and has zippo desire to try!!!!!

as always your pix are amazing...girl you've got major talent!

xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

As always, an absolute adorable pic of miss Gentry!!! OHH, it has to be something with being the second child born! Chloe (oldest) was a rock star at potty training. She was even night time trained by 2 1/2!!! Now Kylie, oh miss Kylie. She was fully day time trained before her 2nd birthday back in December... now same thing, back in a pull up after dealing with 6+ messes in a day! Even though she is in the pull up, I still ask her every hour if she has to go potty...once in a while she will say yes and go on the toliet...but other times, she will just come to me and say "Ky went potty" UGH. Kids can be so rough! lol

Laura said...

Oh sassy Miss Gentry!!! We LOVE her :) Sorry about the battle you're having with potty training. I can't say that I relate...YET!

The picture turned out super cute though! I love the dress, baby legs and headband!! OH, I need a GIRL one day, please!

I hope the kids start to feel better soon. Have a great week! Love ya

angela said...

Gosh you all have had a rough go at it. I sure hope you all are feeling better soon. You know Gentry reminds me of my son. I say all the time he has all the characteristics that will make him a very strong & confident person one day, but you're totally right when you say, "right now it IS exhausting!" With potty training we would take a step forward then two back. The week of his 3rd bday he finally decided to stick with it. I think it has to be when they finally decide they are ready. Don't stress over it. She won't wear diapers to kindergarten. Cute picture by the way! Love the dress and the baby legs.

Jules said...

Gentry looks super cute. Grouchy and all. Green is gorgeous on her and gotta love six bucks!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear that your kidos have been so sick! I'm definitely thinking about you all.

Super Sassy Gentry is completely adorable. Love the rainbow legs! :)

Potty training is definitely a procees... Coop still isn't interested, at all. We've bribed and begged - but he is not doing it. I've decided to relax. He won't be in diapers forever. Eventually they ALL get it!!! (That's what everyone tells me anyway.)

Big Hugs!
~abby