Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Reigning It All In...

So I am quite certain I can't be the only one out there who wishes there were more hours in a day and more days in a week? Lately I feel my mind going in every direction possible and I am really struggling to reign it all in and gain a little control over my days, but also my thoughts!

There are SO many things I want to do...and some I don't really want to do, but need to do! Take pictures. Edit pictures. Make bows. Make other fun hair pretties. Sew. Make tutus. Blog design. Digital design. Read. Exercise. Play. Clean. Sort. Organize. Quicken. List things on Ebay. Plan parties. Relax. Paper craft projects. SOOO many things to do. Each day I am torn on what "project" I should work on and how what little free time I have should be spent. Each day I partially complete something and spend the rest of the day going in circles cleaning up messes and wishing I had more done.

I don't think I'll ever be able to complete my long list of wants...and I am trying to learn to accept that. But it is hard. I think if you have a creative mind {in any aspect}, so much of who you are and what you love revolves around that. It is FUN to try new things and work on different projects. But the fun for me is now turning to stress. I have a half made pinafore sitting on top of a large pile of really cute and fun fabric that will probably never turn into anything because I simply don't have the time to learn to sew that I want. Plus, I am thinking it really isn't my niche in the domestic world! I wish it were, but I just don't think I have the patience for it!! And then there is the huge tub of ribbon waiting to be made into hair bows and other fun stuff! And my cabinet of paper, stamps, embellishments, you name it, just sitting, rarely opened these days. So many things, so little time!

Because I love so many things, sometimes I find it hard to focus. I want to do it all! But I am human after all and I fully admit I just can't!! Take my love of blog design for example. LOVE it, but the reality is that I simply cannot spend 15 hours designing and coding a blog when I have a giant list of other things to do. And because my true passion is photography, I am trying to find a way to to mesh design, crafting AND photography together. I have a few ideas, but it will take some time to figure it all out! Wish me luck!! {I am willing to create designs here and there but will have to charge $100. Believe me, I know it seems outrageous, with the amount of time it takes and projects on my plate, I simply cannot do it for less.}

I did just create another blog last week though and am ready to share that! I was waiting until she posted on it before I revealed her new look!

Photobucket

Carly found me through a comment I left on another blog and contacted me about creating a new look for her! She chose a kit that I probably never would have chosen for my own blog design since I am drawn to the more vibrant colors but I had SO much fun on this!! I absolutely love the final product and hope she does too! Thanks for the opportunity to create this for you Carly!

I also wanted to say that this is pretty much my last post here at "Graham Cracker Crumbs." I will post again soon telling you where to find me at. I am a bit sad to be saying goodbye to this sweet little site and my home here at Blogger, but I can't wait to see where this next chapter in my life takes me!

I'll be back in a few days and let you know where to find me! For now I am off to take care of my kiddos! Chris has been out of town and will be home later this evening and we are SO ready to see him!

9 comments:

heather said...

I can't wait to follow you...I'm sure your new adventure will be FAB!

Carly Winborne said...

i promise, this post is like i could have written it myself! everything you described, all the way down to the tub of ribbon and stacks of stamps, embellishments and papers! i desperately know that feeling of trying to decide which project to focus on but then at the end of the day, wishing you had done more or something different. you are definitely NOT the only one in that boat.

i hate to know that mine is the last blog you design. while i understand, i hope i wasn't the high maintenance customer, the straw the broke the camel's back! you have such a gift!! thank you for sharing your gift with me! and i hope you enjoy your next adventures just the same!

i look forward to seeing what else you've got up your sleeves!

Trish said...

you are so talented!

i too am struggling with balancing my projects/work and life. i love and want to do so many things, but it all gets so overwhelming! I think time management is a big issue for me. i have to remember the kids will be in school soon and i will wonder how they grew up so fast and wish for these days back.

i love the internet and all it has to offer, but sometimes i find it's a curse! i can't wait to see your new site and i am excited to follow you.

Polka Dot Moon said...

Oh Bethany,
I so feel what you just said! I think you'd find that true of many moms!!
Love your creativity and looking forward to seeing where you are headin'!!!
Denise

Bethany said...

Just to clarify...Carly was SO not the straw that broke the camel's back! She is such a sweetie and I truly enjoyed designing her blog! I just can't seem to manage my time well enough to be everything I need to be and do everything I need to do!

Anonymous said...

Bethany~
I am looking forward to seeing where you head to next! You are amazing and a very talented, incredible, beautiful mom.

abby

i love plum said...

I'll be watching for you girl...don't go too far I'd miss reading you too much! xo

Mommy said...

Oh wow!!.. you are right on! I can relate to wanting to do more and more each day. There is so much I want to learn to do, but don't have the time. You do enough and more than enough I am sure. Be proud of yourself! I really enjoy reading your posts. They inspire me, give me a good laugh so much needed and feel so glad I am not the only one feeling the same way. Can't wait to see what you are up to next! :)

Sarah @ BecomingSarah.com said...

I love the final look of that site, especially the little birds! Well done!