Okie doke...so in an attempt to keep track of all of this in my mind {because believe me, one accident blurs into the next rather easily!!}, I am recording it here so I'll have it forever!! And this way by the time Friday rolls around and I have forgotten how bad Monday was, I'll be able to look back and see how far we've come in just a week!!
Day 1 of potty training Gentry was much like Day 1 of potty training Huntler...except he was just over three and three months and she is just shy of two and three months!! Seems a little odd to me that we just got him potty trained in January of this year and here we are already working with Gentry!! {We tried with Huntler a couple times before January but he just wasn't ready. His communication skills were so much different than those of Gentry - She is much more verbal and expresses EVERYTHING and he simply did not!!}
Okay...so back to Day 1 and so far on Day 2!
Day 1:
1 poopy accident
3 wet accidents right in a row
Woke up wet from nap
1 wet accident after nap
Pottied on the potty 3 or 4 times (see, I am already forgetting!!)
Day 2:
Tried to potty right after getting up...didn't go. However, five minutes later she went in her panties!! AHH!! She realized right away and said, "Uh oh." Okay...back down to the laundry room to start the washer and scrubbed the carpet with Resolve. Here we go again!!!
Like five minutes later she started to go again but caught herself and finished on the potty chair! WHOO HOO!! We still had to change her because she was wet, but at least she realized what was going on!! YAY!! So, that was three and a half hours ago and knock on wood, she hasn't had an accident since then!!
Now, I have been running back and forth to the bathroom with her every two seconds because she says, "I have to go potty" and then sits on the potty chair for all of 4.2 seconds, but as I am doing this, it is all coming back to me! Huntler did the SAME thing the first couple of days! I think they are just trying to figure it all out! So, she has pottied once on the potty chair and I of course made a HUGE ordeal out of it and we pulled out the sticker chart!!
Here's to hoping the afternoon goes just as well!!

Tidbits Left by

1 comment:
Hang on, Bethany. This chapter in your life will be over before you know it (and you'll be SO glad). :)
Post a Comment