Saturday, October 4, 2008

Rewind...

So it is Saturday and I haven't posted in a couple of days and wanted to share a couple of "older" shots!! I meant to do this yesterday, but the day just got away from me!


So here I am now!!

Here is Huntler in March of 2007...he was 2 1/2. Just about three months older than Gentry is now. CRAZY. Mema and Papa and Uncle Garrett were here visiting over Spring Break. That is when I took this! I remember taking this picture like it was yesterday. We had been to the outlet mall and had just gotten home with a new hat and shades for the little man! He was obviously excited to model for me!!

Photobucket

And Little Miss Gentry. This was taken last September so she was about 14 months. She just looks so little to me here. Just when I completely talk myself out of another baby and am ready to sell every toy we own, I take the time to remember how sweet, cute and fun our babies were and how that time is forever gone. Forever. And then I let myself think I could handle another one!!!  

Anyway, I remember this like it was yesterday too! This was Gentry's first ever pigtail!! I am such a headband mom that it took me forever to get her into a pigtail, but she was so darn cute! These days it is pigtails more often than a pigtail. My baby girl is growing up.

Photobucket

Well, I should get back to work! I already touched up all the "base" paint in the house this morning. That would be the color that the house came and the few areas we have yet to put our mark on!! Now I am going to pull out the other colors that need some touching up and get to work on those!! I was hoping to start painting the office (I got really inspired after seeing Julie's post and then coming across the PERFECT shade of green for us on Supernanny last night!!)...but I think that probably won't happen just yet! We have been dragging our feet about finishing the awning and getting the stuff on the walls up in the playroom so I am making us get that done first!! And then there are four little cutouts I want to repaint (I am changing them to brown) before tackling the office. So...maybe next weekend!! Or the next!!

We are also going to enjoy our first NICE weekend here in MONTHS! Highs in the 80's and clouds! What more could a girl ask for?! So, in the spirit of getting lots done and spending some fun family time together, I won't be posting until at least Monday!

Hope you all enjoy your weekend!!

post signature

3 comments:

Polka Dot Moon said...

I think we've turned a "weather" corner!! Lovely day outside :)

Enjoy your weekend!

~Rachel said...

Ooohhh..I haven't been outside at all yet. I just assumed it was hot though I heard the weather reports!! Sounds like a good painting outdoors day! Have fun!

Laura said...

Oh, don't sell all the toys and baby goodies...you need ONE more :) I can't believe how little Gentry looks in the picture. So sweet.

Good luck with the painting!