Saturday, October 11, 2008

My Lil' Punkins

Yes, I am aware I didn't spell that correctly!! I have spelling OCD, so I generally read through my posts like three times to check for mistakes!!


Okay, so we just had THE.MOST.FUN morning in forever!! The temperature today is in the 70's and I am wearing jeans and a long sleeved shirt! And I didn't break a sweat!! YA-HOO!!! The kids are in jeans and look absolutely darling in their fall fashions!! Are you getting the picture yet that I am beyond thrilled about this fabulous weekend weather we are having?!! It will be short lived once again...highs back in the 90's next week, but for today, I am enjoying every single second of it!!

When I saw the weekend forecast earlier in the week I told Chris we HAD to go to the pumpkin patch. We have been the last two years and let me just say it was far from ideal. We had "fun" because it is a fun idea and just being together and doing something different from the daily routine is always fun! However, trekking around a pumpkin patch in 95+ degree heat with the sweltering sun beating on  you just isn't my idea of a good time. Never has been. Last year I was so grumpy from the heat that I wouldn't even do the mini maze with Chris and Huntler. I parked the stroller in the shade and Gentry and I waited for the boys to get done. But this year, my friends, this year was FUN! We did it all! Corn maze, bounce house, slide, kettle corn and Sprite, duck races...everything except the petting zoo because the kids are both terrified of animals...and I mean terrified! Gentry let out quite the scream when the ostrich started walking towards her...and we were on the outside of the fence!! Poor girl!! Then Chris took her to look at the goats. Hysteria.

This is also the first year we went without the stroller. It was so easy. The kids both walked and it was just easy. And on top of it all, Gentry wore her panties and even pottied in the port-o-potty. Nasty. So, so nasty. But when you are potty training and the girl has got to go, you go. We went four times to be exact. Two of which she pottied and the other two just for fun I guess!! No accidents again!! The munchkin has got this potty thing down!! YAY!!

Okay, so on to some pics!! There are over 300 that I still need to look through, but I have a present to wrap and a party to head off to in just a bit, so this is all I have time for right now!!

I snapped this one right after we got there! I decided that we should do pumpkin pics before the rest of it so the kids were "fresh" and happy. Plus, there was no one else in there and I remembered that last year it was a mad house when we left. Thank goodness I thought about this because by the time we left, the kids were exhausted and the place was c*r*a*z*y!!

Okay...tell me this is not the cutest hat EVER?!! I mean, look at it!! I bought it awhile back at Pumpkin Patch (how funny is that?!) and this was the first time she wore it. Granted, she only left it on for like two minutes, but that's okay! I got this amazing shot during those two minutes! And she had cute little hair pretties in anyway because I wasn't planning on her wearing the hat all day!!

Photobucket

And here is Huntler looking ever so dapper!! This was taken in the corn maze!! I LOVE corn mazes! Not so much the maze part I guess, but they sure are fun places to take pictures!! My subjects weren't really wanting their pictures taken by this point, but I did get a couple of good ones!!

Photobucket

Trying to take their picture together is next to impossible!! But, I gave it a try anyway. (This one is straight out of the camera...)

Photobucket

And here they are in the exact same place a year ago! Just as distracted and unwilling as they were this year!! I just thought it would be fun to include an older shot of them!!

Photobucket

And on that note I better go get that present wrapped and start getting some things done around here!!

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!!

post signature

4 comments:

Just Me said...

Oh fun! we went to a pumpkin patch today too! There were waaaaay too many little ones running around though and I could not get a good picture!!! We're gonna have to go back for that photo op!

Laura said...

YAY!!! You had the perfect pumpkin patch weather! I just posted our pictures from the patch last night, and it sounds like you might have had cooler weather than us! We were in short sleeves and a little warm :)

LOVE that hat you got Gentry. I remember you telling me about that children's website...I'll have to check it out again.

Have a great week! Love ya~

Polka Dot Moon said...

Wasn't it a lovely weekend!! We too went to a pumpkin patch, but it was windy and baby girl got a little cold :(
Love the hat on Gentry!! Too cute!

P.S. I gave you a little tag :)

Anonymous said...

Good pictures! And sounds like you had alot of fun. You are ONE ENERGETIC MAMA! Love, Grandma Debbie