I am not sure what in the world we were thinking, but a random remark I made this morning now has us cleaning up mess after mess after mess and washing load after load after load of laundry!! We are doing it...for good this time! We are potty training Gentry!
As they so often do, things started out perfect! I mean, two hours and no accidents?! You go girl!! She tried to potty several times but didn't need to. We were on a roll! And then it happened. The first accident. Poop. Not fun. Not fun at all. We had no idea how to go about cleaning that little mess up and let's just say I have a true appreciation for all of you cloth diapering mama's out there!! Thank goodness I am not pregnant...I may not have been able to stomach that one. Yuck. So, about a million baby wipes and one pair of cute princess panties later, things were good! We managed to make it over an hour or so again and then what started out as one accident rapidly turned into three in the span of about twenty minutes. Just pee...but messes nonetheless! Looks like our next Target trip we are going to have to restock our Clorox wipes and buy some more panties. At this rate I won't even get the first load washed and dried and we are going to be out!!
So, clean sheets are on her bed and the little nugget is upstairs trying to get to sleep. But...I keep hearing closet doors or dresser drawers slam shut so I am beginning to worry about what exactly IS going on up there!!
But isn't she cute?! Even though she had peed through four pair of undies and one set of sheets in super short amount of time?!! Looks like we won't be going anywhere this week! After all of this work today, we are going to stick this one out!


Tidbits Left by

7 comments:
I wish you the best this week...when you finally have her potty trained you will be so proud of her and yourself for getting through it!
Have a fabulous week and remember to smile through it!
Here's wishing that you and your washing machine survive the week! Poop + underwear = trash can as far as I'm concerned!!!!
Oh my goodess...I am cracking up! I know. I shouldn't be laughing at you poor dear, since Barrett won't be at this stage for awhile and I really have no idea what you're going through. But it's just too cute!
Love this picture of Sassy pants, by the way :) GOOD LUCK! I'll be thinking of you this week! You will get through it and it will be so NICE to have to potty-trained kiddos!
She IS A CUTIE! Attitude and all. She looks so HOT with her cheeks all flushed. Love the boots. Grandma Debbie
How old is she? I've been trying to figure that out. I thought she was quite a bit older than Abbey, but if she was 14 months last September, then that would make her about 27 months now? Abbey is 26 months and I seriously just told Brian an hour ago that I don't have much on my schedule for this week and I want to make it a goal to stay home and potty train Abbey. We're going to playgroup in the morning, then maybe a quick run to Target for some more panties, some cheap clothes I can toss into the washer over and over and not care what it does to them, and maybe some pull-ups for bedtime and naptime. I've heard it's best to hide the diapers from yourself and dive into it like that. I tried a few weeks ago, but gave up after accident number three because she wouldn't let me put pants on over the panties and the pee-pee went right through to the carpet. Plus, she showed absolutely NO remorse for the accident. She just ran to grab more panties and peed in them 5 minutes later. We ran out pretty fast too. Why don't they make thicker training panties? I might grab some of those plastic kind to help hold in the pee-pee. I want her to feel the wetness, but I don't want it on the carpet!
So, it sounds like we're in this together this week! I'll be thinking of you guys when we have accidents. Good luck to you!
oh boy...cant wait for those days! I have always heard girls are "easier" to potty train......I guess we'll see!!
Oh, Bethany! Good for you. I am laughing a little at this post, but mostly wishing Cooper would show any signs of wanting to learn some potty basics. He has no desire, and acts like we are torturing him if we even mention his potty chair! Best wishes for your "messy" week! Let me know if you have any tricks for potty training a stubborn boy!!! :)
Love~abby
Post a Comment