Thursday, October 9, 2008

Today

Today I woke up before 6:00 AM to the sounds of a cement truck just behind our house working away.


Today I was up and out of bed by 6:10 and actually managed to get a shower before anyone else woke up.

Today we were ready to leave for school earlier than normal and weren't rushing around like crazy as we are on the "average" school day.

Today I talked with the director of the school about the possibility of putting Huntler in three days a week because he LOVES it so much. 

Today I decided that even though he absolutely loves school, I am not ready for three days a week yet!! Next year...

Today I went to Sonic and ordered myself a Route 44 cranberry grape slush and a lemon slush (it doesn't stain!) for my favorite shopping girl!

Today I went to Target and bought two more packages of girly panties for my two year old. And the October/November issue of Mary Engelbreit's Home Companion for myself!

Today I said goodbye to an entire van load of toys. I also said goodbye to that phase of my life. Kinda weird, ya know? 

Today I was asked twice in the consignment shop exactly how many kids I have. Apparently the massive amount of toys seemed to be far more than what two children need. Little did they know that there are even more toys here at home that are still being played with!!

Today I earned a whopping $142.10 in exchange for the boatload of toys. I was happy. The shop was happy. It was a good situation for all involved.

Today my darling daughter went potty at 8:30 when we dropped Huntler off at school and didn't go again until we got home around 11:45. She tried but apparently wasn't comfortable in any of those bathrooms because she never went!!

Today I put that same darling daughter in time out more time than I can count. (We are experiencing a bit of a hitting phase around here and I just can't seem to get her to stop. She doesn't hit anyone but family - usually poor Huntler - but this is something we HAVE to get under control!).

Today I managed to get the house put back together after ransacking it in my attempts to create space.

Today I made a tent for the kids with blankets and chairs and we played underneath it.

Today Huntler laughed and giggled as he took my picture...I must have looked funny!

Today I took pictures of both Huntler and Gentry taking my picture with a play camera. (Tomorrow I will share some of those pictures!)

Today we played outside for over an hour and enjoyed the 90 degree weather. 

Today my sweet four year old said he was too scared  to go to his bed and is snoring beside me as I type.

Today...

So there are a few of the things I did today! What did YOU do?!!

*And after all of that I am flat worn out and turning out my light and snuggling in!! I'll be back sometime tomorrow with pictures!!

Until then, enjoy!!

post signature

6 comments:

Laura said...

I love this post :) Sounds like you had a busy and wonderful day!

So...does "I said goodbye to that phase of my life" mean no more sweet babies?!?!

TODAY I stayed up way too late!

by: Brian and Lacey McKay said...

I love this post too. Today I spent the whole entire day playing with my baby girl! We had gorgeous weather and we soaked up every bit of it! I too, stayed up way too late! Speaking of which...I'd better get my booty into bed! Night!

Tonya said...

what a fun post...

I love making tents with my girls with blankets and chairs...we used to do that in my house all the time growing up...The best is when you make it so good that you need flashlights to find our way around in them...

xoxo

Tonya

Anonymous said...

sounds like a great day.
hope you have another one!
blessings,
jes

Just Me said...

I got to sleep in today, so I am extra rested and ready to have a fun day.....birthday photo shoot, play time at the park and relaxing for us!! Happy weekend!

Jules said...

THank you so much for the tip that Lemon Slushes don't stain! I just spent some quality time with Spray and Wash and a very pink-stained dress. No more strawberry....