Wow...is it already Day 4 in this potty training adventure?! Yesterday was PERFECT!! As in, not an accident one!! I think I am still in shock!! I was even SUPER brave and let her wear panties when we took Huntler to school and again when we ran to Walgreen's before picking him up. I really wanted to go to Target, but wasn't brave enough to go that far with her! I obviously don't give her enough credit because as we were strolling the aisles of Walgreen's she said, "I need to potty." And off we went to the bathroom and she went just like a big girl.
So that was yesterday morning. After having to change her sheets on Sunday I have been putting a diaper on her for naps and bedtime because I hate washing sheets every single day. So, yesterday she woke up DRY from her nap and went straight for the potty chair when she got up! YAY!!
Fast forward to 2:40 this morning. I wake up to hear this, "MOMMY...I need to potty!!!" from across the hall. So I run over and grab her (she is standing in her doorway) and haul her to the potty chair and she went!! Her diaper was wet then, but she woke up and realized she needed to go again. When she woke at 6:30 this morning she was still dry and hasn't had an accident yet!!
I hate to brag too much and I certainly don't want it to seem like I am rubbing it in, because I am not. I am just SO proud of her and how well this is going!! I know it has absolutely nothing to do with anything we have done and everything to do with her being ready. My friend Lacey is potty training her daughter who is the same age this week and she is not having such an easy go of it. So Lacey, just remember that it took us THREE times to finally get there with Huntler and he was well over three years old. Gentry is our easy one!!
In other news...I am clearing out toys like crazy. For some reason something just "hit me" yesterday and I decided it was time to let go. Not that it is easy...I sat there in the midst of totes of baby toys and cried and then started crying all over again when Chris got home. It is hard to let go...I know I will ALWAYS remember some of those toys and the fun and memories created with them, but when you have huge plastic totes of toys stacked up to the ceiling in your closet and then random toys in your kids' closets, it is time to get rid of some things. Or a lot of things in our case. I am not saying we will never have another baby, but it isn't going to be right away and there is no sense in hanging on to everything. Plus, I saved my all time faves and we still have TONS of toys!!
So if I can get that project wrapped up we are heading to Once Upon a Child this afternoon to make our delivery. If I can reach Huntler's clothes I am taking some of them too. I still can't bring myself to part with Gentry's yet...at least not at a consignment shop! A couple of friends are coming to sift through the fun girly stuff next week. Then I'll see where I am at.
Not that we are moving any time soon at all, but I just keep thinking that it sure will make things easier when we do if I have kept up on keeping our stash minimal. Plus, I am not much of a packrat anyway. I HATE clutter and stuff sitting around!! Once I get through all the clothes and toys, I have several other projects lined up to do!!
And those projects are not going to get done with me sitting here at the computer! I need to get myself ready and get back to work!!
I PROMISE to post some pictures soon!! I know how boring all of these wordy posts are!! I have been on the upstairs computer a lot and none of our pics are up here!!

Tidbits Left by

3 comments:
I am going to come to you for thie possty business once lil is old enough---sounds like you've got it down pat!
We used to have a ONCE UPON A CHILD here but it went out of business! It sucks because they had some good stuff there! Guess there was not enough people going...and I know how sad it is to gather up stuff that they have outgrown...the worst is packin up clothes that are too small....boo hoo!
Whoooo Hoooo! Way to go Gentry!
We are big time purgers here; some go to the consignment shop and most are donated to a childrens shelter. We don't have many toys either....no room for them!
Hope your day is fabulous!
Denise
I just LOVE Once Upon a Child! I have bought so many of Mason's clothes there, although I've never sold anything there. You've reminded me that I need to stop by and pick up some more pants for my little guy.
Congrats on the potty training success! You are one LUCKY lady! :)
Post a Comment