Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Longest Day of My Life...

Okay, so maybe it wasn't really the longest day of my life, but it was most certainly one LONG day around here today. Seriously. I am worn out, frustrated, grumpy and just unwinding on the computer while Chris deals with the constant fighting and complaining. It was one of those days that although I am sad to be packing up and getting rid of "baby toys," I would have lost it by now if there was a third child in the mix. Two is good for us...


So, since my posts have been rather, umm...boring lately, I thought I would give you something fun to look at tonight!

First of all, I JUST saw this paper over at Sassafras like 10 minutes ago and I will be stalking their website until it comes out! I am *IN LOVE* with this stuff! The first thing I thought was, "Oh my gosh, some of that line will probably work perfectly for Gentry's Candyland party next year!" I mean, gingerbread men, gumdrops, candycanes...hello fun stuff!! Oohhh! I can't wait until the entire line is out!!

Photobucket

And yes...I am already planning her party for NEXT year!! I was going to go with Candyland this year and have several of the favors already, so next year it is for sure! I have to do it while I still have control because as we all know, Huntler had an opinion this year and I didn't get much say!! Anyway, I think I may try to add a little vintage twist to it too! How fun is that?!!

Also, my sweet friend Rachel sent me a link to this fun little ribbon site, The Ribbon Retreat, a couple of weeks ago but I have been so busy that I haven't had much time to look at it. I bookmarked it, but then never went back to it. So a few days later, another sweet friend, Julie, sent me a tutorial for these loopy flower bows I mentioned to her...from the SAME site Rachel sent me. So, I did some checking and that site has some GREAT tutorials for any of you bow making mamas out there!!

Here is the loopy flower bow I am getting ready to tackle! I was going to wing it, but having ribbon lengths and simple instructions will make it SO much easier!!

Photobucket

I have also been lusting after some of these little bugs!! How CUTE are they?!! I can't wait to dig out my ribbon stash!! BUT...I gotta get this toys and clothes mess under control first! Our upstairs is trashed!!

Photobucket

And in case you are wanting a few more tutorials for bow making fun, here you go!! HAVE FUN!!

I didn't make it to drop off the toys yet...Chris was late getting home and the chaos that unravelled this afternoon didn't allow me to get everything done that I wanted. I HOPE to make it by Once Upon a Child in the morning after dropping Huntler off at school. We'll see!!

The potty training continues to go well! We had one accident this afternoon...# 2. She knew she had to go and wanted a diaper but I refused to get her one, so she went in her panties. It was traumatic for her (she cried and cried) so hopefully next time she'll go on the potty chair!! But no wet accidents for the second day in a row! WHOO HOO!

Okay...the kids are beginning to wind down finally and I have a few more things to do in their rooms before bedtime so I should get!! And then I am off to take a HOT bath and relish in the peace and quiet!!

post signature

2 comments:

~Rachel said...

Yay for ribbon retreat! I received my things in the mail and everything looks so darn cute! I need to get working on those bows...this weekend!
Sounds like Miss Gentry is really getting the hang of this potty training! Good for you girl.I'll send Parker over next week! ;0)

Polka Dot Moon said...

Oh that paper is too cute! I love the little pink reindeer :)

And the bug bows are adorable! Little miss is just getting enough hair to start to use the itty bitty bows!

Denise