Have you ever seen a bathroom you had to PAY to use?!! Seriously?! When we were in Hollywood last weekend we stopped at an Arby's on Sunset Boulevard for lunch and a bathroom break. I am not so big on bathrooms that are on the outside of gas stations, fast food places, etc...but when you gotta go, you gotta go! So, anyway, we pulled up at Arby's and I was in shock! Call me a small town girl, but I have never seen such a thing as this!
And of course I took pictures to document it! There was a guy sitting in the car next to us talking on his cell phone and I am quite certain he thought I was a total crazy person, but this is NOT something you see every day my friends!!

And here it is up close...the part where you stick your quarter and turn the knob to enter the bathroom!! And although the bathroom was not "horrible," I am not quite sure why there was a charge to get in!!
And here we are below the Hollywood sign! A total touristy thing to do and take pictures of, but hey, we were tourists!!
This is how we spent last Sunday, driving around and hitting many of the major landmarks and tourist attractions in Hollywood! I should tell you that Chris' extended family (grandpa, mom, aunts, uncles, cousins) all take a trip every summer. This year was this California trip. The rest of the crew went on a guided bus tour and then spent the afternoon at Universal Studios, but we knew that wasn't a good idea with our two little munchkins (we had to take a bus when we went to Napa Valley in May and it was NOT a fun experience)! They are the youngest by far and it just isn't practical to load them up in a bus and drive around. So we bought some online kit that guided us through the streets of Hollywood and had our own little tour!!
It was fun...we saw a lot of places you hear about and considering my obsession with celebs, it was neat to see the studios and places they frequent. Of course, we didn't see any celebs...but my fave Katie Holmes is in New York anyway rehearsing for her Broadway debut!!
However, we did manage to make one little stop on Rodeo Drive...at Gap! Nope, no Cartier, Louis Vuitton, or Armani for me, just Gap!! We don't have one anywhere close to us so I popped in and bought some jeans!! That was it!!
I hope to get some more pictures edited today...but we have another busy one around here! I have got to find Huntler some close toed shoes for school! All he owns are flip flops and they don't like them to wear those at school. Ugh....I am so not a fan of tennis shoes!! Let's hope I can find some cute shoes that don't need socks!! Wish me luck!!





Tidbits Left by

6 comments:
WoW! I hope the bathrooms were spotless!!
I couldn't imagine a bus ride right now either.....Jillian would protest loudly ;)
A tip for shoes....Stride Rite has great ones and look for velcro! It will make life a lot easier and most teachers prefer it. Can you imagine have to tie little laces all day long :)
Hope your having a great, not too hot (yeah right) weekend!!
Oh, I would love to go to Hollywood. Cool. Our local amusement park had pay bathrooms when I was little.
OH MY!!! I've NEVER seen bathrooms you had to pay to get in. Makes you want to know the story behind it...I know I would've asked!
Looks like you had a good time though! Aren't vacations fun!!!!
i like the touristy pic...so cute! that bathroom however..NOT cute...yuck!! gas station bathrooms freak me out a bit...
I have never heard of such a thing!! That is hillarious...and I can only imagine what the gentleman in the car was thinking as you took pictures of the bathroom door :)
Glad you had a good trip and go to take your own little Hollywood tour!
I have seen lots of those but maybe it is cause I live in California. Usually the restaurant will have tokens for the bathroom if you ask. :)
Post a Comment