So this week I thought it would be fun to switch things up a bit and give you two bits of random "domestic" advice I have recently heard and thought worth sharing!
- You should always leave your washing machine lid UP when you aren't using it. This keeps it from smelling musty and damp. My obsessive compulsive side does NOT like this, but over the last few months, this is something I have come to do ALL the time! Awhile back I was noticing a funny smell in the washer and then I just happened on to an article in a magazine that talked about this exact same thing!! I ran it a couple of times with hot water and bleach to kill any germs or odors that might have been lingering and the rest is history! Pop in on me any time and you'll find the lid up!!
- Stick a piece of bread into your brown sugar canister and your brown sugar won't harden up!! We have battled hardened brown sugar FOREVER!! I just don't cook or bake often enough to go through it that quickly and therefore, it gets hard! When our friends Gareth and Megan were out in May, Megan told us to stick a piece of bread into the canister. We did and what do you know?! That bread quickly became rock hard but our brown sugar is soft as can be!!
Have a Happy Tuesday!

Tidbits Left by

6 comments:
Thanks for the great tips! I usually put a slice of bread in with cookies. It keeps them nice and soft.
Well, aren't those full little tidbits :) I'd always done the bread in with cookies too, but never tried it with brown sugar. Great idea!
Hope you're having a great week...I'm chasing a 6 month old EVERYWHERE!!!! But loving it!
well i don't know either one! thanks! i'll use both...starting now!
hope you're having a wonderful week!
Good tips. I will have to try the bread in brown sugar. I was looking for a fix to that problem.
hey bethany....funny about the washer...I have always left mine open...which is a pain since it's a front loader! But, it DOES help, I agree!
Thanks for the helpful tidbits. I always had the problem with the brown sugar too. Until a friend recommended this clay little thingy - mine looks like a bear. You soak it in water for 30 minutes then stick it in the cannister and it keeps the brown sugar moist for months. It's the best invention ever. ;)
Post a Comment