Monday, August 25, 2008

If Only...

If only I had the budget to pull off a party like THIS one!! Holy cow!!! Seriously, seriously cute stuff!! (If you click on the link there is a video and a page full of fun details!!)


Most of you know by now that I am a Bachelor junkie...I am absolutely 110% addicted to the show!! So, it should come as no surprise to know that I watched the extravagant wedding ceremony of Ryan and Trista (a bachelorette who found her true love) and that I waited with bated breath to find out what they named their first baby. I just love them...they are so cute and so normal, ya know?!! So when Lisa asked me if I had picked up the most recent issue of Life and Style magazine to check out the details on little Max Sutter's first birthday, I was shocked to know that I had completely missed out on this little piece of celebrity gossip!! (In case you are totally confused and not a fan of the show, Trista met Ryan on the show, married him in a huge, over the top televised ceremony and then they had their first baby a year ago...that is baby Max.)

So...now on to the details of the party. A few of you know that I was originally planning a Candyland themed party for Gentry this year but then decided to go with the cupcake theme. Since I plan WAY WAY WAY ahead, I had actually already purchased the favor buckets and a few of the favors for the Candyland bash before changing my mind. Those are now stashed away and I am thinking Candyland will be the theme for her third birthday!! Did I just type that...her THIRD birthday??? Oh my, I am SOOO not even going there right now!!

The invite...

Photobucket

So I clicked around and looked these favors up online!! The lunch boxes ALONE are $36. YIKES!! And these were custom made and have the plates and napkins too!! Maybe since they teamed up with some companies they didn't have to pay the full price?! 

Ok...spacing issues but the picture below this one is something I TOTALLY envision at a Candyland bash!!! How fun and happy is that?!!

Photobucket
Photobucket

Now tell me that doesn't look like a FUN party?!! Every last detail is perfect!! The colors, the decor...all of it!!

Thanks to those of you with the suggestions for Huntler's birthday invitations. I toyed with the idea of making them shaped like a ticket, but I tend to make everything FAR more complicated than it needs to be and am going with the train shaped invite! I am working on the "mock up" and will definitely share once I get it done!

And on a completely random note, look at this sweet little PINK coat from Old Navy!! A friend of mine told me that Old Navy was having a huge sale on Saturday so while we were out and about I thought I would run in and check it out. OH MY GOODNESS I have NEVER seen a line so long in my life...not even at Christmas! There were people standing single file clear to the back of the store!!! Rachel, if you stood in this line at seven months pregnant, you deserve an award...a BIG one!! Sorry friends, there were some great deals, and although I am one of these "instant gratification" type of people who likes to leave the store with my purchase in hand, I knew we weren't going to be needing our $7 jeans for a few months so I left that chaos behind and came home and ordered online!! So I won't have my stuff until later this week...but that is A-OK with me!!

Photobucket

Anyway, had I not been looking online I wouldn't have come across this cute little coat!! Some of you are probably wondering why we need jeans and coats in the desert...but it does it cold!! And now that we have truly acclimated, I am thinking this year once the weather takes a turn, it will seem down right frigid to us!! So, jeans and coats are a must, even in the desert!! 

Alright friends, Huntler and I are off to make some cupcakes while the sister continues to nap! I let him crack some eggs the other day and he LOVED it!! So I am going to let him be my little helper again today!!

post signature

7 comments:

Polka Dot Moon said...

Holy Cow is right!!! I think you did an amazing job with Gentry's party!!
hmmmm........I wonder if they included a good pediatric dentist in the lunchboxes :)

And you are right about the jeans and coat. We even had snow in Cave Creek (about 15 minutes north of us) the year before last. Even made a snowman....granted he was about a foot tall, but hey a snowman none the less!

Enjoy your cupcakes :)

Just Me said...

wow...those sutters really went all out huh? cute cute cute and...expensive expensive expensive! hee hehe

Anonymous said...

Omgosh! I wish I had a party like that when I was a kid!!! lol Candy land is such a cute idea for a party!!! My youngest daughter is turning 2 in December... so far, I was leading with a polka dot theme, but I might have to throw that in the possible party list!!! =]

You can call me Lucky. said...

Everything is so yummy!!! I love all the fun colors!

I am still sitting here waiting for September for your shop to open! I may just have to buy something cute...my birthday is coming up and so is my little godchild's! I have reasons to shop soon! :) Yay!

Jules said...

That party is ridiculous! Why is it that celebrities who are stinking rich, get free clothes, free meals and free birthday parties?
Seems backwards.
You could absolutely pull off your own more realistic version of this fun party.

You can call me Lucky. said...

Psst....you've been tagged!

HeatherW said...

I looked through ALL the pictures and I must say that I think your parties are better, I really do!!

P.S.
I love that little pink coat.