Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Where Elephants Fly and Time Stands Still...

We're home!! Betcha didn't even know we were gone, did ya?!! Love the little "postdating" feature on Blogger!! Since I am a bit paranoid and don't like to share with the masses that we are going out of town and our house will be left unattended, I postdate blog entries and set them to pop up at various times while we are gone...and when those pop up, it is just like me updating each and every day!! 


Anyway, this time we were in California!! We left Saturday morning and just got home mid-afternoon today! I have my second load of laundry in already and the pictures all uploaded to the computer! WHEW!! There is still lots to do though...as in unpack and put all of those clothes away...ugh!! My least favorite part of traveling for sure!!

I realize California is a BIG state to say the least...we were in the LA area. We did lots of fun touristy things...but our family pictures and Disneyland were by far the highlights!! And speaking of Disneyland, I totally got my title for this post from a sign I saw while we were there!! Just wanted to give credit where credit is due!!

First of all...the amazing Tonya met up with us on Monday morning and took family pictures! I was SO darn excited I started waking up at 4:00 that morning...so if I look tired, well, I was!!! We haven't had family shots taken since Gentry was just 6 months, so it was definitely time!! And she was definitely the photographer to do it!!

I am not sure how I even found Tonya, but I have been following her blog for months. I feel like I have known her and her sweet little family for ages! When we met there was no awkwardness...the kids took to her immediately and fell right into the photo shoot! Not to say they were perfect because they weren't...they are two and almost four and well, they acted two and almost four!! But they were as good as could be expected for the above average heat and humidity we were tromping around in!!

Anyway, I can't say enough great things about our experience! If you happen to live in the LA area, I send only the best recommendation for the lovely Tonya!! She has kids of her own and completely understands their lack of enthusiasm and doesn't give up!! 

And here is a little sneak peek of just a few of our pictures!! (And  yes, I have her permission to use them on my blog!! I am sharing several, but there are a couple more on her blog...to see them, click here!! And the rest will have to wait until she has them edited and we pick out our images!!)

The main goal was to get some family shots!! Here is one I just adore!! I realize Huntler is not smiling, but he is making eye contact and that funny little frown face makes me laugh out loud! For those of you who know the "real" Huntler, you know how serious he is by nature...

Photobucket

And this one of Chris and me...LOVE IT!!! 

Photobucket

And the oh so loving Huntler letting mommy kiss on him!!

Photobucket

And of course Little Miss Gentry with her polka dot dress and REALLY grubby little feet!!

Photobucket

Tonya has something on her webpage about not putting pictures off for that perfect time. I can't remember her words, but there truly is no perfect time. We'll always want to lose weight, wish our hair was just a little bit longer, worry about how the kids will act, etc. But that is life. There will always be something we wish we could change or do differently. I for one will cherish these images forever. We have so few of us together as a family and time flies...we all change. I want to remember these days always...and I am more grateful to her than she will ever know for capturing a little bit of who we are today...who we are in real life. Thank you Tonya...thank you.

And on a lighter note, here are just a couple of the kids from Disneyland yesterday! They were SO good and we had an amazing time!! I will definitely share more later, but I have lots to do after being gone! (And they so did NOT love the hats...they were literally on seconds and I managed to get these!!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

post signature

12 comments:

Scrappy Girl said...

What great pictures! I love Disney. I can't wait to take the babies for their first time!

Anonymous said...

My goodness! Those pictures are gorgeous! Glad to hear that you enjoyed your little trip. Disneyland is lots of fun!

Christie's Endless Craze said...

Such cute pictures. So you were in LA and didn't look me up! Sounds like your vacation was packed. I love Disneyland, happiest place on earth.

Jules said...

Welcome back!!!!
The pictures are amazing! I am sooooo jealous. Family pics have to be taken by her for sure. Hope you had a fun time in my little neck of the woods.

Anonymous said...

The pictures are adorable! :) Sorry I've been out of touch! We moved last week into our NEW house! YIPPEE! I just got my internet back today! Again, YIPPEE! :) Hope you're doing well! Give the kids a hug for me! :)
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

I love Disney although we haven't attempted to take Gaby yet!:0 Your family pictures are adorable! Looks like tons of fun all around! Talk to you later!
Andrea and Gaby

Tonya said...

thank you so much for all you said...it makes my day! I love that you shared your family with me and that I was able to capture you all as you are...young, beautiful, energetic, healthy, and just being each and everyone of you in your own element at this time of your life (thinking of Huntler's adorable and honest expressions...he would so rather have been at "california" or disneyland for sure!)...

I am thankful...indeed...

glad you are home safe! love the shots at Disneyland!

xoxo

Tonya

Polka Dot Moon said...

Your family photos are wonderful!!

What a fun vacation!!! We have yet to go to Disneyland.....Legoland twice though. I might have to wait til little miss is a bit older, then she can ride with me :)

And how cute are the Mickey ear picture!!!

Lisa said...

What? You were gone? I had no idea?! Very tricky. . .

I for one missed your phone calls more than your blog posts, but that's just me. Did you get my message about the birds at OshKosh?!

I'm loving the pictures and can't wait to see them all!

talk to you soon, and see you in a little over a month!!! Can you believe it??!!
love,
Lisa

Allikaye's Mama said...

Wonderful pictures! I love cuties black and white dress!! OH MY!!

Scrappy Girl said...

I just had to let you know if you didn't see it already. Stampin Up just brought a new stamp that is a large cupcake with a Thank You Card message on it. It is SO cute and I immediately thought of you and Gentry.

Anonymous said...

You've got a great blog going here! I love your new family photos. Great looking shots of a beautiful family. It looks like you all had a great time in Cali. :)