Saturday, March 8, 2008

ThE AnTS Go MaRChInG!!

So...be warned that I am posting a TON of pics! I had the hardest time deciding which ones to share, so I am sharing them all! After all, it IS my blog, right?!! Just be thankful that I didn't decide to upload the entire 161 that I took! Now, not all of those were good! I have my fair share of blurry images or ones that just aren't worthy of sharing, but at least I have some that I absolutely LOVE too!

So, here are the rest from Thursday...our picnic lunch in the back yard, complete with an airplane sandwich, bright sunglasses and cheese curls! I decided that we are going to do this every day we can while the weather is still so nice! A *perk," if you will, of having mid-seventies in March! The kids LOVED it and I have never seen Huntler inhale a PB&J as quickly as he did that airplane one! Thank goodness I have a whole assortment of cookie cutters that will hopefully carry us throughout the next few weeks!!

As you can tell, I *played* with many of these images in Photoshop. Some I boosted the color in and some I desaturated it! I think my personal preference is the desaturation...For those of you who have been to our house or seen pictures, you know we are all about the *vintage* look, and well, I like the vintage feel of the desaturated photos! So, now that I think I know what I love, I can do some research and figure out how to make them have more contrast and really pop!! For all of those professional photographers who religiously follow my blog, any tips would be greatly appreciated!! ((Okay...who am I kidding?!! NO professional photographers are stalking my blog!))

Check out this airplane sandwich...the perfect idea for the perfect little boy!


Enlarge this one and check out the detail on the bread!  Look at how Huntler is examining it!
Doesn't everyone like to see my child stuff his face?!!!

Love that tilted little head! (This one is desaturated!!)

LOVE this one! Look how you can see me and the camera in her glasses...Although I had NO idea I was even doing that, it is kinda neat!
To get this BIG smile out of the oh so serious Huntler, I told him he was going to turn into a grape he was eating so many! Without fail, that ALWAYS cracks him up and he replies, "I not a grape, Mommy. I a big boy, member?"

Huntler reminds me SO much of Chris right here! Not just the way he is standing, but the way he is pushing up his glasses too! Just like daddy!
*A*T*T*I*T*U*D*E*


Which version do you like?! I think I like them both!! Although the full color version is pretty good!
Run, Huntler, Run! (While eating, isn't that safe???!)
Huntler and his trusty sidekick!!
Stop the papparazi!!

I SOOOOO wish I knew what he was thinking as he was so intensely examining this shovel!!

One of the kids' favorite ways to pass the time...loading buckets full of pea gravel!
Puppy LOVE!

This is one of my FAVORITE new pics of Miss Gentry! Even though you can't see her face, you can totally feel the connection between her and *Puppy.* They share one DEEP bond! That little girl loves her puppy dearly!! Just a little tidbit about the puppy...Huntler and I picked it out a Babies R Us for her before she was born. He has a puppy too that he loves and we picked this one out for sis...since he was like what, 21 months when I bought it, he had no idea what was going on, but it was his gift to her! Sweet, hunh?! And let me also just tell you how protective he is of it! We were in Gymboree shopping one day not too long ago and the kids were sitting in the little chairs they have in front of a TV (INGENIOUS idea!!)...Well, Gentry dropped her puppy and another child picked it up. Huntler was having NONE of that...so he took it away from the kid and in his three year old lingo (which is actually pretty easy to understand these days!), he told the kid that is was "Sissy's puppy." What a WONDERFUL big bro!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Huntler makes Puffy Cheetos look SO yummy! I had to go get a bag so I could remember how they taste lol! I love the pictures of Gentry and her puppy it's amazing and absolutely adorable all the love you managed to catch in those pictures. Andrea and Gaby