Sunday, March 2, 2008

A LiTTle PHotOsHoP!

Okay...so I have a L*O*N*G ways to go in the wide world of Photoshop, but Chris was able to get me up and running again today (thanks honey!) and I have been playing around a bit this afternoon and evening! Seriously, believe me when I say I know I have SO much to learn!! Although I like this adjusted image, I know it isn't exactly everyone's style...I just wish there was more of a contrast with the background...there isn't exactly a ton of contrast in the earthy tones you find around our parts!!

Getting back to style, that is one of the most profound things I think I learned at this workshop I attended...I was SO hung up on making sure that my photos were the "right" shades of black and white...the instructor said that it is all a personal preference! And it is...photography is art and people have such a wide variety of taste in art...I guess I need to just take that bit of knowledge and RUN with it!

So...I did some shadow work to lighten up Gentry's face and then I used a color action. Actions are a pretty big thing right now in Photoshop I am realizing! They are basically adjustments that one would have to do on their own but someone has taken the time to go through layers (literally!) of work and I just push "play" and it adds the action to my image! 

Now I just have to talk Chris into letting me buy the set I want online...okay, there are actually several sets and then there are borders and storyboards --- the options are endless! Thank goodness for the freebies that help us to learn!

Before...

And After...

No comments: