Friday, March 14, 2008

SiX On SatURdaY!I

Hi ya'll! Here it is Saturday again already and time for round #2 of random tidbits of me! Are ya ready?!

  1. I pretty much ONLY listen to country music. On the radio it is ALL country ALL the time. However, on iTunes, I tend to broaden my horizons a bit more and listen to all sorts of tunes!
  2. I can't walk in heels. Yeah, so they aren't practical for a mom anyway (well, maybe if you are Katie Holmes, but NOT me!), but even if they were, I seriously can NOT walk in them! I didn't even wear them in my wedding!
  3. I am obsessed with TomKat. For those of you who aren't, that would be Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes...and sweet little Suri too! I have been a Katie fan since Dawson's Creek and am still absolutely intrigued by her!! We are so close in age yet our lives are on COMPLETELY opposite ends of the spectrum! Just makes you think! Not that I would trade my life for, oh, ANYTHING in the world...I am pretty darn blessed if I do say so myself!
  4. I L*O*V*E color! I like to wear bright clothes, shoes, jewelry, etc... I also love color in our home! A room is not complete around here unless it has a couple of coats of paint on it!! It doesn't necessarily have to be candy apple red to make a HUGE difference, pale  yellow can be just as effective!
  5. I can vividly remember the night Chris and I got engaged...but can he?!! (I just say that because we watched Amnesia last night and it makes you stop and think about what you can really remember!!) Maybe this will rile him up and I'll get him to post a comment!! Love you sweetie! Anyway, I can't exactly remember the DATE, but all of the details are super clear! We spent the afternoon roaming around at The Plaza in KC. It was COLD and rainy...a dreary November day! We window shopped and popped into a few stores and genuinely had a nice time! Chris kept asking if I wanted to go into the jewelry stores...I kept declining! Who knows why, but I did! So then we went to this rotating restaurant for dinner...that was fun! It was on top of a hotel and you could see for what seemed like miles! Chris ate swordfish...I must have had my good 'ole standby of chicken! It was really cool! After that it was to the movie theatre to see "Sweet Home Alabama." I DISTINCTLY remember as we walked out I said,  "Doesn't that movie make you just want to get married?!" My loving fiance-to-be says, "Not especially." Nice, hunh?! So as we are walking back to his truck, Chris says, "Let's take a carriage ride." I had always wanted to do this, but it was SO cold...and expensive! I thought he was being spontaneous, but later found out that the ENTIRE day was carefully planned out and calculated! For some reason he was not wearing his coat, so I said that we needed to trek back to his truck to get his coat before we went. Well, I played right into his little plan because my ring was in his coat pocket which was in his truck! So, we get his coat and head back to the carriage rides! While in the midst of our carriage ride, he gets down on one knee and proposes. As much as I wanted to remember everything he said, it was (and still is!) all a blur! I mean, HELLO, he is proposing, how am I supposed to remember everything he is saying?! I was in shock!! That was nearly 5 1/2 years ago...and here we are two kids and states away later! 
  6. I LOVE Etsy! Almost as much as my family - well, not THAT much!! For those of you who don't know, Etsy is a big online store where you can buy and sell all things homemade! Here are a couple of sets of prints I am currently lusting after for my laundry room! What set do you like best? (The walls are a light blue, happy blue, and the shelves and frame we already have are distressed white!)
I don't know how to get pictures over here, so click on each link!!


I hope you enjoy!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey... love the Saturday six :) I LOVE Esty too! I could spend hours and hours and hours roaming! Cute proposal story... very romantic! See you soon!!

Unknown said...

Oh my gracious!!! Did I already know this story?!? It's possible, since being pregnant and having a baby have totally messed with my memory :)
But, anyway...I don't think I knew Chris proposed on a carriage ride at that Plaza! Justin did the same thing! His proposal was Dec 20, 2001. What a sweet thing we have in common. We both have wonderful men!