Saturday, March 8, 2008

SiX On SaTUrDaY!

Okay...so I have seen on lots of blogs lately how people are sharing tidbits of themselves and their lives through lists! I came up with my own idea and am calling it, "Six on Saturday." So, I will share with you six random things...Maybe they are little known facts about me, maybe they are websites I feel I HAVE to share...Who knows what I will come up with as the weeks go on?! 


Here are the first six:
  1. I have NEVER highlighted, lowlighted, glazed, weaved, dyed....whatever term you want to use to describe it, I have NEVER done it to my hair! Can you BELIEVE that?! There are so few of us out there! I have had perms (the older I get, the curlier my hair gets on its own!), but never have I chemically colored my hair!
  2. I hate to try new foods. I have my two "dishes" that I order pretty much wherever we go...a hamburger (well done only) or chicken strips. So, it may sound like something on the plate of your 8 year old, but that's me! 
  3. I did NOT want to learn to drive! (maybe that explains part of my fear of major highways!) I distinctly remember NOT wanting to take Driver's Ed. My dad took me out driving before classes started and I HATED it. I am sure it had NOTHING to do with the fact that my dad was sitting beside me?? HA!!!
  4. I was an Ambassador at both the junior college and the university I attended! I gave campus tours, helped recruit new students, pitched in at Alumni functions...you name it! And I LOVED it!
  5. When I was pregnant with Gentry, I knew she was a girl but Chris did not. At the ultrasound, the tech asked if we wanted to know. I did...he didn't. So, she wrote it down and stuck the piece of paper in an envelope and gave it to us. Of course, I looked. That is like putting a kid in a candy store and telling them they can't have any candy! Are you kidding me?! So, for 4 months I managed to keep this secret from Chris! A couple of friends knew, but until she came out, Chris had NO idea! If anything (he says), he thought it was another boy! Now, SHOULD we decide to have another baby, I am in high hopes that I can muster up some patience and wait until it is born to find out what it is! Since we have a boy and a girl, I think I want the surprise!! :) We'll see!
  6. Last night I finished reading the first fiction novel I have read since I was pregnant with Huntler! YEAH! I managed to complete the 478 pages of Luann Rice's "The Edge of Winter" in just two weeks! I must be honest and say that before the kids came along I could whip out a book like that in a weekend, but two weeks isn't bad for the MANY things we have going on a daily basis around here!! (It was a really good book by the way...Thanks Mom!!)
So, I think that wraps it up for this weeks Six on Saturday! Chris took the kids for the morning, so I am going to get myself in gear and get things picked up and some laundry done. And then, I have another whole batch of photos from yesterday to look through! I swear, you are going to be sick of looking at my kids if I am not careful! If that is the case, just read my journaling and skip the pics! I'll NEVER know!

Have a great one, dear blog readers, and check back soon for more!!! (and be sure to notice that I have already posted once this morning!)

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Remember when I used the word "she" at dinner (or a birthday party or somewhere?) in front of Chris and everyone kind of froze! I think i tried to quickly recover and say "it" or "all babies are girls to me" but I felt AWFUL!! I was so worried that I had just given away a major secret! We know now that Chris never heard me, but I know a few others did! LOL! Don't tell me secrets unless you want me to slip up and ruin the surprise!

Love the "Six on Saturday!" and you too!
Lisa

Bethany said...

Ahhh yes, I remember! It was a birthday party...but you weren't the only one who slipped up!!! For some odd reason, a few times I said "he" and so a few people thought based on that, our sweet little Gentry girl was a b-o-y!! I know it was traumatic for you, but he never found out, so it was no biggie!

Anonymous said...

you are too cute and so good at this!! Still thinking about mine.....

:) Sarah

Katie Kirk said...

Bethany,
I love reading your blog - it brightens my day. You really love your life and it shows!!One of these days I will blog to...be patient with me.

Anonymous said...

I love this so much I might have to steal your idea :)... now if I could only have your way worth words..lol! It was fun reading all these little facts about you.. keep them comin :)

Anonymous said...

That's so funny I always order chicken fingers or hamburgers almost every where we go too! It's nice to know I'm not the only one lol! If I ever try something new it's usually off my husbands plate!!Lol! Andrea and Gaby