Saturday, August 2, 2008

Rain, Rain...Please Come Back!!

Remember those shots of the kids I took with their new umbrellas a few weeks ago? The day we "made" it rain?!! Well, lucky for us we actually got a big rain just a couple of days later and they were able to go out and play in their fun little rain boots! 


With the chaos and excitement of the party and our family, I forgot all about these photos!! No, normally I don't forget things like this, but it was a really crazy time around here!! Anyway, I have managed to get some edited and ready to share!! 

Here is the little man...barely stepping out from underneath the covered patio to get his umbrella wet!! I have GOT to learn the ins and outs of my flash...the lighting on this one is definitely not the greatest!!

And see that house back there? It won't be long until we have someone living behind us! We have been out here almost two years now and haven't had a neighbor behind us yet!! Before they started building it was so open...we feel a little closed in these days! The bad news is, there is still room for two more houses to go in behind us, so this is just the beginning!

Photobucket

I am fascinated by "out of the box" shots! I do love taking pictures of my kids' faces...the closer the better...but there is something so fun and artistic about different angles!! Huntler got these boots last spring (well I guess I should say winter because it was January, but there really is no "winter" in these parts!!) when he was completely potty trained! He wanted "snow boots" so desperately!!

Photobucket

Oh to be three and jump in puddles again!! This is one of my favorites of him from that day! He is all boy I tell ya, all boy!!

Photobucket

And here he is in his normal state of deep thought and concentration!! I wonder what he is thinking about...

Photobucket

And then comes Gentry girl! She was napping when we had Huntler out, but as soon as she woke up I fixed her hair and got her all dolled up to go play in the water!! Of course, she HAD to have boots as well! Lucky for us hers were a $3.00 Old Navy bargain! For some odd reason they had TONS left down here! Imagine that...not much use for rain boots in the desert?!!

Photobucket

LOVE this one! I did some Photoshop work and it feels so magical and "fairy princess like" to me!! And her toes? The girl LOVES to have her fingernails and toenails painted! Just Thursday she found my new polish (that I thought I had tucked away where she couldn't see it!!) and started yelping , "toesies, toesies!" She wanted her toesies painted, and of course her fingernails followed! I love having such a girly girl!!

Photobucket

Can we say "attitude?!" It may be cute now, but in 8 years I am afraid it won't be!! Some of you have probably noticed that puppy in a LOT of pictures...she is attached at the hip to that little guy!! She just isn't complete without her pink "b," her puppy and her binky!!

Photobucket

Enjoy your Saturday!

post signature

4 comments:

Just Me said...

sweet pictures and i do love the different angles, too.....and i have been taking more black and white and sepia pics....just for fun...

Polka Dot Moon said...

Where oh where is the rain???? Just a little bit would be so nice!

As usual, I just LOVE your pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

It is so funny to see kiddos on rain boots... and shorts!! That's AZ for ya!! I love these pictures... the one of Huntler jumping is so CUTE! See you soon!!

HeatherW said...

Such great pictures!! I love Hunters little Old Navy outfit!!

I am a total rain girl too!! We don't get it often enough in CA either but when we do I get so excited...I literally dance around!!