When life hands you umbrellas and you live in the desert, you make rain!! And that is just what we did on Friday!
The kids and I spent the morning running errands and searching all over creation for some super cute cupcake scrapbook paper that my new blog friend Denise has! Of course, Target's around here are not on every other corner like they were back in Kansas, so we spent a good 40 minutes drive time (one way) just to visit two and struck out at both of them! However, I did manage to find some .39 shirts at Target. Yes, you are reading that correct my friends. Two good deals in one week...how about that?!! Target had all of their Fourth of July shirts on sale for 90% off and on a $3.99 shirt, that is a whopping .39 shirt!! I even bought two!! I figure they will make great play clothes! We seem to struggle with that around here...our kids just don't really have "play clothes." But now Gentry has a couple of play shirts! That is a start in the right direction anyway!!
Okay...so how I got off on that tangent I have NO idea! Where I was going was neither Target had the sought after paper so we went to JoAnn's while we were in the area. I found all sorts of fun things there that I did NOT need (and some I did)!! But the kids struck gold! They had all of their umbrellas on sale for 60% off (yes...the THIRD great deal of the week!!), so each kiddo got one for less than the original price of one!! And let me tell you that they walked through the store holding/dragging their umbrellas and creating quite the scene!! How we managed to get out without breaking anything I will never know, but we did!
Anyway, when you live in the desert, rain is rare. Really rare. We happen to be in the midst of monsoon season in these parts and had our first rain in MONTHS Thursday night! And I am happy to report that we had all sorts of rain today...an entire quarter of an inch! I know...for anyone that does not live in desert that seems rather pitiful, but that is actually quite a bit for us, so we were happy! And monsoon season is just getting underway! Hopefully there is a lot more where that came from!!
I took over 200 pictures today of the kids playing in the puddles but am so NOT happy with what I got. I am not sure if I have just gotten used to my 50 mm lens and the other one seems to not be as great in quality or if it was just the fact that is was really, really cloudy and everything was just off. Who knows...I am going to Photoshop those pics later tonight or sometime in the next fews days.
But for tonight I have these! These are from Friday when we "made" it rain!! The kids were having a BALL!!
And I should tell you that Denise is great and she is sending me all of her leftover cupcake paper so I can create a little album of Gentry's birthday! YAY! Thanks Denise!!




Tidbits Left by

3 comments:
isn't joann's scary good?? i have spent many a dollar there!! hard not to, especially when you see al lthe fun stuff you don't need.....sometimes that place is even worse for me than gymboree, if you can believe that!
love the great deals you found and the fun rain pics!!
That is so cute! What a great idea to make it rain yourself :) Looks like the kiddos had fun.
Have a wonderful week!
I love the umbrellas! Little Miss Gentry always looks so sweet like cotton candy in her pictures. There is a softeness to them that I love. Amazing job!
Oh, and Denise is so sweet for sending you some cupcake paper!!!
Post a Comment