So the big bash is still a little ways off, but I refuse to be stressed out the night before and run around like a chicken with my head cut off, so I am making a point to do something "party related" each and every day until I am done! Today I used Gentry's nap time to wrap the silverware while Huntler sat next to me and played trains...while talking my ears off!! (Hmm...wonder where he gets that from?!!)
Lisa and I were talking today and I believe I owe the whole "napkin folding-silverware wrapping" thing to her! Thanks Lisa!! I am not quite sure if it is a "good" thing or not that I started this little tradition, but now that I have I will probably always to do it!! I didn't do this for Huntler's first or second birthdays, but for Gentry's first and his third, I diligently folded napkins, tucked the silverware safely inside and wrapped a coordinating ribbon around my masterpiece! This birthday party is no different my friends!
Here are a few fun pictures of the {sweet} little napkins all rolled up and ready to go! And no, I did not tie ribbon on the basket for this party (it was for Easter last year!)...but I am sure I will be tying it onto some of my galvanized metal buckets before it is all said and done!!
The plates, napkins, towels and all the other cupcake decor you will see in the not so distant future came from the Target Valentine's Day section! I was still torn on what theme I was going with in February, but once I saw this I latched onto as much as I could get my hands on! There were SEVERAL treks to different Target's to find all the different pieces I was after, but I think I managed to get everything I "needed!!" And some stuff I am sure we didn't need, but it certainly will be cute!!
Doesn't this stuff just make you smile with its happy colors and whimsical feel?! I LOVE IT! I am so glad I went this route for her party this year!! And think of all the fun extras I'll have if I ever go into business planning parties!!
So there is today's party project! If I get a sudden burst of energy I may get started on the bows for the little girls, but maybe I'll drink some lemonade and watch The Baby Borrowers instead! We'll see!




Tidbits Left by

9 comments:
GAWD, I love that cupcake stuff! I wish I would have bought the store out of it when that came out.....I'm luck to have gotten all that I did....it is soooo soooo soooo cute!! Those look professional, girl!
Love the napkins and basket. Every day you show something new makes me want a cupcake! LOL! Have you already picked out Gentry's birthday outfit? I bet it has cupcakes on it. LOL!
Ahhhh....Gentry's birthday outfit!! Yes, it is picked out! She has one outfit for the party and one for cake!
At the end of the year last year I bought her a very pink pettiskirt and ruffly top (VERY GIRL and VERY over the top!!). I paid a small fortune for it so she has only worn it once...but she will be all glammed up for her party this year!
And then I found a "Cute as a Cupcake" shirt at Target several months ago and picked one of those up! We are going to change her before she eats her cupcake!!
P*E*R*F*E*C*T!!!
I love them :) Yes, they do make me smile!! Oh...just read about Gentry's outfits for the party! I LOVE that pink pettiskirt you got for her. That will be just right for the birthday girl!
I watched Baby Borrowers last night. Oh my, I don't think I could leave my baby with those kids!!
Have a wonderful day~
Looks like fun. I have to tell you that after seeing your pics from last years party I stole the idea of wrapping silverware. I did it for Hadley's party. It just gives that extra touch. Parties are fun. Have a great 4th.
THAT IS SO CUTE!!!!
I am going to email you today during naptime about the suckers and soaps...we are potty training over here and that has sucked up my time!
I am loving! LOVING! The cupcakes!You have turned me on to them and now I am noticing them everywhere! Michael's has cupcake iron on transfers that match your napkins!! Great job!!
VERY VERY CUTE and so FESTIVE! I'm thinking with ALL the brightly colored stuff you are doing for the party, sunglasses may be required INSIDE the house!!! Happy 4th! Love, Debbie
you have some really cute ideas!
Post a Comment