Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Remember That Bag?

Remember that bag I was lusting over last week? The one that retails for $150 but was on sale for $85 on the Fleurville website? The one I found on E-bay for $70 and somehow mustered up an incredible amount of self control and did not bid on?


THIS bag???

Photobucket

Well guess what friends?! I am the proud owner of one sassy new Fleurville Yellow Seedpod Sling Tote!! YAY!!! Can you feel my excitement?!

I was back on E-bay over the long weekend and the same bag (brand new with tags!!) had been re-listed since it didn't sell the first time around at the $70 beginning bid. This time the beginning bid was only $40!! I have been stalking this bag for the last four days to see if there were any bids yet and what the status was! A couple of days ago someone bid $45. Chris and I talked and he said to go to $55, which I automatically rounded up to $60, but then added .75 to it...just in case, ya know!! So...here is the super fabulous news! I got the bag for only $47!! YES...you are reading that correctly! FORTY SEVEN DOLLARS!! A lot for a bag, yes, but not for this particular bag! I had the laptop on the kitchen table while we ate dinner tonight so I could continuously refresh the page and then place my bid when there was just a minute and a half left. Yes, when I really want something, I am one of those E-bayers!!

Anyway, I am obviously beyond excited and wanted to share!!

Chris and the munchkins are down playing Wii so I am going to get back to work on bows! Today has been a really great and really productive day around here! The kids were absolute GEMS! Seriously...just a couple tiffs and that was it!! It is days like today when I could easily handle another one! However, two days ago at Target when they were both crying and carrying on, it was all I could do to handle the two we have! WHEW!

I will try to take pictures of the bows and favor "baskets" I have been working on for Gentry's party tomorrow!! Probably won't be until evening though...you know the summer sun and heat in this neck of the woods!

Oh...and one more thing! You may have noticed I updated my "Daily Reads" section so there are a LOT more blogs on there AND I added in a little Etsy section!! How fun is that?!! And new music too! I am telling ya...it was a really good day around here!

Good night!

post signature

7 comments:

Christie's Endless Craze said...

I am such a chicken when it comes to Ebay. I hate the waiting. I do love the buy it nows tho :)

Polka Dot Moon said...

Yay! You're gonna love that bag and you got a smokin' deal!!!

Denise

Nikki said...

LOL!! You are too funny! Congratulations on the bag! Love the Esty shops posted.....the one has MY owl fabric! Guess it must be popular!

Unknown said...

Hi there -- been reading your blog for a couple weeks and wanted to comment and say "hi"! Congrats on the gorgeous bag! It was meant to be yours.

Good luck with the party...Gentry is a lucky gal to have such a fun and talented mommy!

Laura said...

Yippy-skippy!! I am so glad you *treated* yourself to that awesome bag...you deserve it! I am one of THOSE ebayers too. Refreshing in the last minute :) That's usually when someone swoops in and steals my precious buy right out from under me though!

Glad you had a great day yesterday! Happy bow making!

Anonymous said...

good for you!! that bag is sooo sweet and whatta great deal! it pays to lurk around ebay sometimes, eh?

Jules said...

No fair! I had it on my watch list and didn't know it was relisted. Lucky you!