Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Two Lil' Tidbits Tuesday

Okay...so once upon a time I was doing this Six on Saturday post every week telling each of you six little facts about me! Well, let's just face it that I have not done such a great job with keeping up with that!! The main reason is that I am just not that interesting of a person! Really...I am a pretty low maintenance stay at home mom whom you probably wouldn't even know if you ran into!


But I am hoping that maybe somehow I can pull off Two Lil' Tidbits each and every Tuesday and share with you two random things about me that would probably more than likely not come up on their own!

So, let the fun begin!!
  1. I don't mow the yard...never have, never will. I am just not the "mowing" type! Yes, I'll go pull weeds and drag the hose all over to water (thank goodness we have an irrigation system here though!!) and do a little work out there, but it really isn't my thing!! And especially in this HORRIBLE heat! WHEW! I have no idea how people work in this!
  2. Although I don't mow, yesterday I did in fact have to use the good ole trusty shop vac to vacuum the yard! Yes...you are reading that correct! One of the downfalls (if you will) of large amounts of rain is that the soil here is so incredibly rock hard that it just can't absorb it. There are all sorts of flash floods and such even when we just get half an inch! Anyway, our back yard seems to have a low spot where the water collects and stands when it gets too much. And because we are kinda picky about our lawn, we vacuum it up so it doesn't just stand there and kill the grass. So after a big rain Sunday night and another one yesterday morning, the water was standing!! I bet we filled up the shop vac a good eight times with water...that is a whole lotta water my friends!!
Alrighty...so those aren't overly interesting little facts, but they are just that, little facts!

I also wanted to let you know that my blog entries may be a little more sporadic over the next week or so! I am still here and fine...just busy!! Grandma Debbie is flying in tomorrow afternoon and my parents and nephew will be here Thursday evening! YAY!! Needless to say, there is a LOT going on around here with trying to get ready for our family and also the party! 

And once the fam is here and the party is over, we are just going to enjoy having them around! My parents haven't been out since Gentry's birthday last year so we have lots of fun stuff planned for them and big cousin Trig!!

And on that note I need to get ready for the day! I am getting my hair cut (shaped back up!) this afternoon and I have an entire house to sweep!! And we STILL have yet to get the birthday girl her present (other than two outfits)...so, LOTS to do my friends, lots to do!!

post signature

4 comments:

Polka Dot Moon said...

I'm laughing, but totally understand the "vacuuming" the yard! The dessert just doesn't absorb the water.

Happy Tuesday!
Denise

Just Me said...

wow--that is STRANGE to me!! The fact that your rain doesn't go anywhere, lol!! I can't even imagine!

Yep, I agree with the lawn mowing nonsense...no thanks, not for me!

Amber said...

I am so not one to mow the lawm either. How exciting that you have family coming. I am trying to get my sis to come back here for a visit.

Shana said...

I loved your tidbit about the shop vac and vaccuming your yard. Too funny!

Have fun with your family this week :-)