Alright...so I actually call this yummy little treat Cheerio Squares, but Huntler has forever called it Sticky Cereal and the name has just kind of stuck!!
I will RARELY....as in almost NEVER EVER...share recipes because I just don't like to cook or bake. It has never been my thing and I still struggle with it. As I type, Chris and the kids are at the grocery store! See, I don't even like to shop for food!! I am more of the pizza rolls and grilled cheese kind of girl...not one that likes to research recipes and spend half my afternoon browning hamburger or chopping chicken!
Anyway...this is one recipe I thought worth sharing! We make this a little too often because it is so darn easy and yummy...full of peanut butter and sugar!! You just can't beat that!!
So here you go:
1 cup white karo syrup
1 cup white sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
8 tablespoons of butter
8 cups of Cheerios
Add sugar, syrup and butter to saucepan and bring to boil
Boil for one minute
Remove from heat and add peanut butter
Stir in Cheerios
Spoon mixture into buttered cake pan
At this point I always stick it in the freezer to help it harden. It seems to set up more that way and not be as crumbly!
Hope you enjoy!


Tidbits Left by

5 comments:
My husband thinks cheerios stink, too! Brandy
Ha Ha Ha I thought Huntler called it stinky cereal, not sticky cereal! Brandy
Sounds like we are soul sisters when it comes to the cooking thing. Wild Child came over to the computer while I was reading your post and said, "Mmmmm...cheerios." LOL!
Oh girl..you can not post about sugary, yummy food when one of your readers is knocked up! I am off to buy the ingredients now! Sounds soooo good!
Mm, nummy....that stuff looks DANGEROUS! Almost as dangerous as my puppy chow! Oh, how I love the sweet goodies! Thanks for sharing! Hapyy 4th!
Post a Comment