Here he is - {Diesel 10} - the newest addition to our Thomas the Train collection. Okay...not "our" Thomas collection, but Huntler's!! To be honest, we really don't have all that many "Thomas" characters...most of our trains are just trains...not "someone!" However, last week sometime Huntler became familiar with Diesel 10. And he suddenly became obsessed. As in talking about him ALL the time! So consumed with him that we have had to print out three different pictures from the computer and cut them out so he can zoom them along his train track. Yeah...he is LOVIN' Diesel 10 these days!!

This is the first toy that this has happened with...something he heard about somewhere or another and wanted. Our kids rarely ask for things when we go places. I am not sure if they just don't know they can do that yet or what, but we never have big tantrums at the check out because someone wants candy or a cheap piece of plastic and I say no. It just doesn't happen.
So last weekend Huntler was chatting on and on about Diesel 10 (not just Diesel...I made that mistake earlier and he informed me that this is Diesel 10) and I mentioned that we would look for him at Target. BIG MISTAKE. Target was plum out of Diesel 10's and Huntler was heartbroken. Remember how I mentioned that both kids were not so well behaved in Target on Monday? This is what started it all!!
Anyway, we managed to get home and "forget" about Diesel 10 for awhile. And then it all came back and he remembered that we didn't find him in Target. So I did what any good mama would do. I got on E-bay and ordered the darned train!! That was Monday night...we have been answering the question of "where" is Diesel 10 since then! But today, my friends, he arrived from his long journey west out of Illinois.
When I handed Huntler the package he asked, "A special delivery just for me?" Where in the world did he hear that?! We don't talk about special deliveries around here! It made for lots of laughs and smiles for sure!!

Tidbits Left by

2 comments:
That photo is amazing, Bethany!
Oh, and maybe it helps to know I am crazy jealous of all of your creativity too! We can just *inspire* each other!
Too cute:)
Post a Comment