Can I just tell you that I L*O*V*E three day weekends?! Love 'em!! It is so nice having Chris around an extra day and feeling like we are actually getting things accomplished!! Here it is just noon on Saturday and we still have the rest of today AND all day tomorrow to be productive!!
All the laundry is done (for today anyway!!), the majority of the yard work is complete and I have managed to touch up all the walls too! Does anyone else do that...get out multiple colors of paint and a brush from time to time and spend a good chunk of the morning touching up all the scuffs and scrapes that inevitably come with the chaos of two active munchkins?! We seem to do this a lot...but then again, we both have some obsessive compulsive tendencies!
Anyway...we had a great fourth! But man it was H*O*T!! I so do not love the summer in Arizona! Not that it isn't hot in Kansas, because it is, but 110+ degree temps and an incredibly intense sun are MISERABLE, dry heat or not!!
Here is a little sneak peek into part of our day! We did swim in the pool a bit, but the kids were having a ball on the Slip n Slide! The last couple of times we have had it out Gentry has been a little timid, but yesterday she was a wild one!! Chris discovered that she liked to be zoomed down on her tummy as well so we had fun watching her light up as she skidded down the slide!
Check out this face...it cracks me up!! I am not quite sure what in the world Huntler is doing! When I was taking these pictures I didn't even realize he was there...so I asked Chris this morning when we were looking at them and apparently Huntler just likes to hang on his leg when he is getting Gentry ready to go! Silly, silly boy!
And there is just something about this one I really love...I can't put my finger on it though!! The lighting, the smile, the way her little arms are up and swinging as she runs?! I love all that...I guess that's why I love the picture so much!!
What a FUNNY face!!
This one caught my attention right off the bat! It is pure orneriness and pure Gentry!
This one I tried something completely different on (in Photoshop) and came out with something so not typical for me! Kinda like it!
So there are those! I did snap away at Huntler too, but for some reason he had his eyes closed in just about ALL of the pictures!! Click here and here to see some of him on the Slip 'n Slide from a couple of months ago. (Keep in mind those entries are from before my blog makeover and the pics are small and everything is off!!)
And one last thing before I get back to work! About half an hour after I took these shots a monsoon blew in! Third one this week! YAY!! I am LOVIN' the stormy season in these parts! We have yet to get any rain from any of these summer storms, but the wind is a welcomed relief and the lightning is nothing short of spectacular. I don't know if I have ever seen lightning quite as amazing as the lightning out here. I am sure it has a lot to do with the fact that we are on the extreme outskirts of town and it gets really dark where we are...
So anyway, we decided at the spur of the moment to drive somewhere and park to watch the fireworks. We rushed around just knowing we were going to miss them. HA! There were people EVERYWHERE! I seriously think the whole town must have been out last night...the streets were lined, the stadium was packed and people were parked in all sorts of random places waiting to see the big fireworks show! So we sat. And we sat some more. And then some more. Forty five minutes we sat in our car waiting and only got to glimpse a few fireworks from another suburb or two way in the distance. I guess because of the storm they were holding off on getting started. We finally left at 9:15 because it was late and our kids needed to get ready for bed. At 10:00 I was on the computer and Chris was in bed and what do we hear? THE FIREWORKS! What kind of city waits until 10:00 to do a FAMILY fireworks display? Huntler was in bed and Gentry was cuddling with Chris. We did take her out for a few minutes, but she was tired and not so much in the mood. Anyway...it obviously isn't a huge ordeal, but just kinda frustrating for sure!! They should have just started at 8:30...it was still lightning and blowing at 10:00 when they finally decided to go for it!
And on that note I guess I should get back to work! I am hoping to get LOTS more done today and I certainly won't sitting at the computer!






Tidbits Left by

8 comments:
Hi Bethany,
The first picture is priceless!!!! Love those slip 'n' slides. Well maybe not for me anymore :)
Yes, I do live in AZ, Scottsdale, and am miserably hot! Just got back from an errand with Jillian and we were soaked. Can't wait for it to cool off in November :) hehe!!
I'm still new to blogging, and trying to figure out how to attach my etsy shop link....hope to figure it out here soon!
Stay cool and enjoy the rest of the weekend :)
Denise
Those pictures are laugh out loud funny and cute! I love the one of gentry running....love taking pics when the "subject" doen't know you're doing it...perfect! Kudos to you for getting your house in order!!
Those pics are great! Reminds me of our slip and slide adventures. LOL! It sounds really HOT there. Makes me glad I live here. We didn't see fireworks either because it rained ALL day.
Great pictures! Love the first one with Chris "tossing" her and Huntler hanging on. I've noticed Huntler doing that w/Chris other times when Chris is doing something w/Gentry. Always thought it was Huntler's way of "watching over Gentry" by "restraining" Chris. Could be just his way of participating, not to be forgotten. I don't know. The second picture is VERY VERY GOOD! So much fun and innocence in that one. Glad you are enjoying the weekend. It doesn't get dark here until 10, so that makes KS fireworks late also. Love ya. Debbie
Love the pictures. Looks like a great way to stay cool. I love Gentry's swimsuit. Stay cool in the heat.
Oh, I love 3 day weekends also. It is so nice to have Mike home.
How cute! Great pictures!!!
Oh to be young and unafraid of hurling your body towards the earth without any worry what-so-ever! Those pictures are Amazing :) Definitely frame worthy!
Post a Comment