Friday, June 13, 2008

Cupcake Crazy!

So I really have a million other things to be doing, but the munchkins and I made the hour long (okay...so it was 55 minutes and not a complete hour!!) trek to the scrapbook store and I am inspired! Not to mention one of my recent Etsy purchases happened to come today so my excitement is doubled!!


Our adventure in the store wasn't nearly as bad as I had prepared myself for! We did manage to go through 10 packages of Smarties and then some Skittles (I went prepared!!), but we were in and out with only ripping one sheet of paper!! Pretty good for two little nuggets who could care less about scrapping!! 

I then discovered a quilting store in the same shopping center so we ventured on in, but by that point, the kids were tired of shopping...so I guess I'll have to order my fabric online! Anyone know of any super cute polka dot lines or something that screams girly cupcake party??!!!

Okay...check out these amazing little jewels! They are super cute and oh so sparkly cupcakes I happened across on Etsy while looking for felt cupcakes! I saw these gems and immediately forgot about the felt ones I was searching for! I was originally thinking I would make little clips as party favors for all of the girls at the party...but now I have changed my focus just a smidge and am making bright and colorful bows with these cupcakes as the center!! FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN!!

The seller of these little cuties is Katie...she is so easy to work with and will happily get you what you need! Check out her shop!!

By the way...I was experimenting with photo angles! I have so much trouble taking pictures of things and not people!! I could NEVER be a landscape photographer!!

Photobucket

Don't worry if you have a boy and you are coming to the party...I'll cook up some fun boy ideas too!! No girly bows I promise!!

Photobucket

These little things are darling! I love each and every one of them!! But here are close ups of just a couple!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I just thought these papers were fun! For someone who "hates" birds (the real ones!!), I am currently OBSESSED with whimsical ones!! Now I just need a fun little project to whip up with these sheets of paper!!

Photobucket

And this, my friends, is a sampling of what will soon be cupcake party invites!! I had in my mind that the "wrappers" would all be brown, but once I got there and had all of these fun papers at my fingertips, I could see so many possibilities in my mind! I didn't buy one single sheet of brown cardstock! Nope...these are going to be F*U*N invitations for sure!! Now I just need to add some shimmer and they will be PERFECT for my sweet (but sassy!!) princess!!

Photobucket


post signature

4 comments:

Jules said...

I love those cupcakes! They will make the best bows. So wish we could come to the party. Fun papers too. Love the birdies. Can't wait to see the invites.

Lisa said...

Looks like you're getting your creative groove on girl! I wish we were closer so we could create together. As you know all too well my photography skills stink, so the pictures of my projects never do them justice. You'll have to send us an invite even though we won't be able to catch a flight out to the party. I never did send you one of Avery's invites did I?

As for your post about us. . . what can I say? Thank you for being you Bethany. You have stuck around during the most difficult days of my life, when a few others chose to jump ship. (Can you blame them? O.k. maybe a little. Jerks :)

I remember that you were the first "Summertree Court" gal to show up at the hospital when Avery arrived and I was kind of surprised to see you. . . I should have known right then, those other two didn't have their priorities straight. Always put the Harts first. Giggles- Just kidding!

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

love ya,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

of course I love love love those papers, yummy!

Robert Kaufman makes a cute cupcake fabrics one is called "Confections", and the other is "Sweet Tooth"--check them out to see if they are part of your "vision"! I made Lilybug some bibs out of both of these--very very cute!

Lindsey said...

So cute! I cant wait to see how everything turns out!! As for the cupcakes bows.. I will take one for me please... hahaha.. they are going to be too cute! See you soon friend :)