Thursday, June 5, 2008

Getting To Know You

I get these e-mails every so often and I LOVE them! I very rarely read forwards, let alone send them on, but for some reason or another, I love to find out interesting little tidbits about those I care about most!


Here is the most recent one that popped up in my inbox and here are my replies! (I have adapted it slightly for blog purposes!!)

  1. What is your occupation? Stay at home mom...otherwise known as maid, chauffeur, cook, story teller, and NUMEROUS other things!

 2. What color are your socks? What, socks? I live in the desert...I haven't worn socks in months!

  3. What are you listening to right now? The chains on the fan rattling

  4. What is the last thing you ate? A piece of bread and butter

  5. Can you drive a stick shift? Once upon a time I could...I am sure if I "had" to, I could figure it out!

  6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Orange...I am LOVING orange these days!

  7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Lisa

  8. How old are you today? The big 2-8

  9. What is your favorite drink? Route 44 Cranberry Grape Slush from Sonic...LOVE those!

10. What is your favorite sport to watch?  Sports?? What? If I HAD to choose, Pro Football, but I am not a sporty kind of girl!

11. Have you ever dyed your hair? Nope.

12. Do you have any pets? No...I am not really into animals so much!

13. What is your favorite food? Just one?? Pepperoni and Black Olive Pizza...pan crust! MMM!

14. Last movie you watched? The Bee Movie...I can't remember the last non-kid movie I've seen!

15. Favorite day of the year? I guess I don't have just one! I do love Christmas, but I also love anytime that we get to go home to Kansas!

16. What do you do to vent anger? I don't get angry all that much! I am more of the frustrated kind! And I call someone (or several someones!!) to gripe!! And I have also been known to type out my thoughts and e-mail them off too! (Not to the person I am angry with...an innocent bystander!)

17. What was your favorite toy as a child? Hmmm...nothing sticks out in my mind! I know I played with dolls and barbies a lot!

18. What is your favorite season? Fall  (I love cool weather and cloudy days!!)

19. Hugs or kisses? Both...hugs most of the time though! I love my kids dearly but their slobbery kisses are just a little much sometimes!!

20. Cherry or blueberry? Cherry all the way!

21. Who is most likely to copy this idea and post it on their blog? Hopefully everyone! 

22. When was the last time you cried? Earlier in the week...

23. What is on the floor of your closet? Chris' clothes that need to be dropped off at the dry cleaner and a few random things...laundry baskets, a picture frame...not much though! And the "stuff" is all organized on the floor!!

24. Favorite smells? Fresh cut grass, rain, Baby Magic, Usher cologne on my husband

25. Who inspires you? I get inspiration from SO many! My family, my friends, strangers whom I have never met, photographers! I could go on and on and on...it just depends on what type of inspiration I am needing...it is always right there!

26. What are you afraid of? Dying young and leaving my kids without their mama...I know, SO depressing, but this is something that I think about ALL the time. I barely leave my kids and I sure won't be taking any plane rides or vacations without them. I guess my fear of plane crashes is what fuels this whole thing...EVERY time Chris goes anywhere without us I make him call when he gets to the airport and then again when his plane lands. It may seem a little irrational to some, but that is me!

27. Plain, cheese, or spicy hamburger? Cheese...and no onions!

28. Favorite car? Ohhh, I don't really have a fave...although I like to have a fairly nice car, I don't spend hours researching or lusting over new models! Just something dependable and halfway decent! 

29. Favorite cat breed? I am SOOO not a cat person...don't want them anywhere near me to be exact!! Ughh....gives me goosebumps just thinking about them rubbing up on my legs!

30. Number of keys on your keyring? Three...house, car and mailbox

31. How many years at your current job? Just over three and a half years of being a stay at home mom now...but I haven't had a "real" job in five years. Has it really been THAT long?!

32. Favorite day of the week? I don't necessarily have a favorite day...most weekdays are the same! Of course, I LOVE the weekends when Chris is home and any weekday after 5:30 or 6:00!!!

33. How many states have you lived in? Two...Kansas and Arizona

34. Do you think you are funny? As a matter of fact, yes, I do!! Doesn't everyone?!!

35. Team Heidi or Team Lauren? So I basically know that this is from The Hills, but that is ALL I know!! 

36. Team Aniston or Team Jolie? I like them both for different reasons!!

37. Obama or Clinton? For anyone who knows me well, you know I SO do NOT follow politics! I have no opinions other than they are both doing amazing things in paving the way for women and African Americans.

38. Favorite animal? Anything that is quiet, calm and doesn't shed!

39. Last book you read all the way through? Eight Silly Monkeys (I read a book back in January but I can't remember the name of it!! I don't do much reading these days!!)



post signature

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMIGOD! I totally think about number 26 ALL THE TIME. And, I do the same thing...make hubby call as soon as he lands, etc. The whole thing about not being with your kid(s)...makes me sooo incredibly sad! Ugh! Thanks for reminding me, LOL! Have a happy day!

Christie's Endless Craze said...

Hey girl! Thanks for the idea for a blog. I didn't really have anything new to post about. I need to get back in the habit of taking my camera everywhere I go I guess. Hope you are having a good day!

Scrappy Girl said...

That was cool. I enjoyed reading your answers and getting to know you.

Lindsey said...

mmmm Baby Magic on my boys is my favorite!! That was fun to read!!

~Rachel said...

Bethany..I love your blog..found youfrom Lindsey's blog. I agree about the airplane rides. I write letters to my kids and husband if I travel without any of them in case naythin were to happen..and I don't sleep the night before a flight. Terrible but nice to know I am not alone in the worrying!
~Rachel
(AZ Mama's group)