Okay...so I totally stole that title from Lisa's blog, but since this entry is all about their incredibly cute little family, I figured it was okay!!
Hmmm....so where do I begin?! I guess I'll give you a little background!! I don't remember how it all happened...how we met. Only that Britton, Lisa and sweet little Kaylen (Avery came along a little later!!) were our neighbors. They didn't live right next door, but across the street and up a couple of houses...in a house with the exact same floorplan as ours!!
Time seems to have escaped me somehow during this craziness we call life, but for some reason or another, we didn't grow really close to Britton and Lisa until just a few months before we moved. Timing, hunh?! We could have had three years jam packed with loads of fun, laughter and wonderful memories, but for some reason, it wasn't until the months leading up to our move that we all truly connected. I often think about that...I mean, how can I not? I guess I find it interesting how the dynamics of friendships evolve and what leads us to wind up where we are and when...there is the Sociology major coming out in me!!
Anyway, I would not trade those months before our big trek west for anything! We had some of the best times on Summertree Court with these guys and those are days I will never, ever forget. No matter what new memories are made and where life takes us in the future, those are the ties that bind...the bits and pieces of "what used to be" forever etched in my mind and my heart.
It was such a simple life "back then." We had the perfect little house we made into our home. We lived on a block where kids were everywhere and the sounds of happiness echoed in through the open windows. We had friends and family scattered throughout the area and the drive "home" was only three hours as opposed to the 15+ it takes now! Moving out here has shaped my life, my friendships and countless connections with others in ways immeasurable. I have learned that nothing can be taken for granted...each day is a blessing and one we must cherish. Although it is no secret that I don't love Arizona and I can't wait to get home to Kansas and everyone we "left behind," I KNOW that what I am learning on this journey through the desert is something priceless. It is making me who I am today and I will forever be grateful for the experiences, the love, the laughter and the tears I have found along the way.
Okay...sorry for that little outburst there!! I went off on a tangent it seems - it happens often with me!! Anyway...getting back on track...It is "funny" how since we have moved to Arizona and began this new chapter in our lives (although it is not so new anymore...we have been here almost two years already) how people have come and gone in my life. Friends I left behind that I truly counted on to be there for me and stay in touch have completely faded from my life. Others I have remained in touch with and although we may not speak often, we have a way of picking right back up where we left off. New friends I never would have made if we hadn't moved out here will be dearly missed when we move home to Kansas. And that friendship that was just blooming with dear Lisa? Well, it is one that carries me through the loneliness, the sadness, the homesickness and the darkest of days - as well as the lighthearted, happy and joyous times! It is a friendship I have come to rely upon deeply...one I cherish and am eternally grateful for.
Lisa, you are an amazing person. Your friendship means more than the world to me and I am so thankful that through time and distance we have not only remained friends, but grown in that friendship. You have listened to me whine, complain and cry...all the while you were adjusting the move that your family had to make as well. You let me babble on for hours (literally...we have some LONG phone conversations!!) about everything and nothing...just to fill the silence and void of being in a new place and all alone. You get online and shop with me, share fun finds and party planning tips with me...and much, much more. And while all of that is important, most of all you are you and allow me to be me. There is no pretending, no being strong and keeping truths...just one friend leaning on another friend during the hardest of times and the best of times. Although I dream of the day we move back to Kansas and we find ourselves just down the street from you again, I know if that doesn't happen, our bond will be just as strong, our friendship just as true. Thank you for being you. I love you dearly and miss you already!
Here are just a few pictures of your beautiful girls...they are both incredibly sweet, inside and out!
Miss Kaylen was not one bit shy...she was posing all over the place for pictures - what a little model!!
Ahh Miss Avery...you haven't had the easiest of times in your short little life, but what a little miracle you are! Your fight and spunk have taught us all so much!
Love that pucker!!





Tidbits Left by

3 comments:
awwwwwww....how incredibly sweet and endearing--isn't it grand to have a friendship that is so cherished? I don;t know what I would do without that! Love the pics, too!
This is a great post! It is awesome to have someone who truly gets you.. I think it is one the best thigs there is!!
Hi Bethany!
Thanks for the wonderful comment on my blog today! It's so nice to get comments like that!
I have been in Memphis for a year now this month and although I absolutly love it here, I still get homesick for my family and friends. I haven't made alot of good friends here. A few, but not a "really good friend" yet, not here. Luckily my husband is my very best friend! :) I miss my amazing friends in Louisiana sometimes and regret that I didn't spend more time with them. It's so nice when you find those friends you will have for a lifetime! Sometimes we have to miss them to know just how much they mean to us!
I'm going to link you on my blog so keep writing! :)
Michelle
Post a Comment