Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Eye Spy...

I have been wanting to do this post for a few weeks but I am JUST now getting to it! Better late than never I guess!! It seems as though I have nothing to blog about or I have a million things to blog about...


Awhile back I was clicking around on one of my new favorite sites, On the Dot Creations, and came across these little bean bag type goodies that were full of fun! It took me just a minute to figure out exactly what they were, but once I did, I was searching high and low on Etsy for some for us (meaning the kids)! They are squares of fabric sewn together with all sorts of little trinkets tucked in amongst some beads! The object is to find all of the trinkets in your bag and thus pass time while on the road or in the air!

So...I realize Gentry is not even two yet and this is definitely above and beyond her skill level, but lately, whatever Huntler gets, she gets or we have MAJOR drama! There is no stopping at Sonic and getting just one drink anymore...now I get mine, Huntler gets his and Gentry gets hers. There is no reading a book to one child...they are both right there! If one gets to color, they both get to color. You get the picture! So you see, even though she hasn't a clue what an Eye Spy is, I couldn't possibly get Huntler one and not her! (On the bright side she will definitely grow into it!)

Anyway, getting back on track here! I could not for the life of me find any on Etsy that I just loved! The fabric selections just were NOT my style at all. So what's a girl to do?! I e-mailed my new friend Julie who sews like a champ and she was more than willing to come to the rescue! We e-mailed back and forth until I decided upon the fabric I liked and she got to work for me! And these little gems are SO DARN CUTE!! When we went to California a couple of weeks ago I checked at least four times to make sure they didn't get left on the plane or in the hotel room!!

And in case you are wondering...Huntler loves his! He still needs a little help, but he gets the concept and has fun searching for the items on the list (and no, he doesn't read yet...we tell him what he is looking for)!

First of all...here is a photo Julie has on her blog of several of them in a pile...

Photobucket

And here is the one I decided on for Huntler...I am showing the back of it!

Photobucket

And here is the front of Gentry's...

Photobucket

If you happen to have a need for one of these little treats, you should definitely let Julie know!! If she doesn't have just what you are looking for in her new shop, send her a message and she will gladly work with you!! Thanks so much Julie for our super cute Eye Spy's!!

post signature

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh my gosh.. I have to get some of these... so fun! I ma emailing her immediatly! Thanks Bethany!!

Amanda said...

I almost ordered some from Etsy but I too just didn't love any of the fabrics...glad you solved that problem! How does Gentry do with it? I'm wondering if Taylor would be intersted in it at all yet?

Anonymous said...

these are sooo cute, love them!! Lil is just a wee bit too little, but will def get soem for her later!!