Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Happy Heart

First of all, how cute is this little one?! I took this picture on Sunday night...she was getting really brave in the pool! After "the incident" she has been a little, um, standoffish. But that night she was back on the saddle again and ready to kick and float and splash with the best of 'em!! It was fun to see her having fun! We actually all four got to swim at once! I am usually up on the side with her while Chris and Huntler practice their skills!


I am trying to get outside of my comfort zone and snap on an angle!! And of course...this has that signature vintage feel I am LOVING these days!! It took every ounce of self control I have not to "vintage up" the cupcake pictures from yesterday's post!!

Photobucket

Okay...now that you all have so happily looked at my sweet baby, I am wondering if ANYONE out there has any experience with candy molds? I ordered one off of E-bay a while back that has four cupcakes on it - I am making chocolate lollipops as one of the party favors. I pulled out all my goods today and played with it and they actually turned out pretty darn cute. Chris was absolutely in shock because he knows my history with all kitchen related activities (other than doing dishes!!) and the fact that something so cute and crafty and EDIBLE was actually recognizable was something to shout about in itself!!

Anyway, I of course see all the imperfections! They are very detailed little cupcakes with heart sprinkles and a bigger heart as the topper...super cute! I was just curious as to if anyone else has ever attempted using candy molds and has any advice or tips? I used my little brushes and brushed in the chocolate where I wanted it and everything!! I am still in shock myself!

And while on this topic...does anyone make soaps out there?! I am going to use this same mold to make soaps as little favors as well! Yes, I know I am going to be busy! That is why I started planning MONTHS ago! Anyway, I have never made soaps either but plan to just buy the stuff at Michael's and follow the directions!! 

And one more thing...I took the kids to the splash park this morning. Before we went I was lathering Huntler up in sunscreen and this is how our conversation went:

"This is so I don't get sunburned, right Mommy?"

"That's right Huntler. Sunburns hurt and we don't want to get burnt out there."

"Cuz then I'll be all black, right Mommy?"

"Well, not exactly. You would be red."

"No, I'd be black."

Okay little man, okay!! He knows when you burn things in the oven they turn black!! I guess it only makes sense that people would turn black if they were burnt too!!

Silly, silly boy!!

post signature

3 comments:

Scrappy Girl said...

After painting the molds do you put them in the freezer to set before adding the rest?

Soap making is fun! It has been awhile since I have done it. The directions at Michaels is what I always went by too.

Sounds like you are going to be having lots of creative fun!

Make sure you share pics of this great party. I am looking forward to it.

Anonymous said...

never done either...but i would definately add some sorta sparkles to the soap! FUN!

Laura said...

Ha...I'm still laughing at your conversation with Huntler. That is so adorable! My son will probably think the same thing, since Mommy has a tendancy to 'burn' things when she cooks :)

I've never made the candy-sorry!
I have made soap once, and I just bought the stuff at Michael's and followed the directions!

Good luck!