Friday, June 13, 2008

Flashback Friday!!!

Now that we are home from the hustle and bustle of the last month, I am ready to get back on track with all my weekly blog trends!! I realize I did Flashback Friday last week, but I feel so out of it because that entry was postdated since we were out of town!!


We are slowly but surely recovering! It has been a LONG few days around here! Huntler started getting a cold or allergies or something the day we left and just hasn't been quite up to par. And then there is Gentry...she is a complete wreck!! She has cried more since Wednesday morning than she normally cries in two weeks!! And the questions from both kids...their favorite this week has been, "When is Daddy coming home?" Or, "Daddy be home soon?" I wish, babies, I wish!!! They LOVE having Daddy around and got a wee bit spoiled since we had Daddy all day every day for a week!! We have been counting down the hours this week in anticipation for him getting home from work each and every night!! Thank goodness tomorrow is the weekend! Hopefully everyone will get back on track and be good to go by Monday!!

I have many more pictures to share, just not enough of me to do everything that has to be done! I am leaving you with a couple and hope that over the next few days I am able to edit some more and share! We had a truly wonderful trip back to Kansas...one of course met with tears as well as laughter!

This is Grandpa Ronnie...my mom's dad. They live on a farm about 10 miles outside of town and I have nothing but fond memories of the times I spent there throughout my childhood. Everything from riding in the combine while he cut wheat to three wheeler rides to little creeks (which would make AWESOME photo shoots!!) to trying to stay up until midnight on New Year's Eve!! And then there are the trips to the elevator where we got orange soda, raking leaves next to their "old" house and crawling through the culvert with my sister. Wow...I could go on and on! It's sad how in the chaos of life you forget about things that were so much a part of your life at one time. I am so glad I am doing this...I love taking these little trips down memory lane...to remember where I came from and why I am who I am!

This was 1981/1982...I couldn't have been more than two years old here...and my grandpa, he was so young too!!

Photobucket

And here he is with Gentry during our trip to Kansas LAST summer...look how much my baby girl has grown up!!

Photobucket

And this is from last Thursday...it is so not the best photo from the photography standpoint, but it is sweet and meaningful to me, and that is what matters!!! (I took a whole series and Huntler wasn't looking in any of them, so I picked the best one of Gentry and Grandpa!) And that little building? That is the milk house...I am sure at one time it was used for something other than storage, but for as long as I can remember, it has housed little odds and ends...and sometimes a rodent or two!! My grandma has put up a trellis and these vines are growing on the side of it...if the kids would have cooperated it would have been such a cool backdrop!! Very vintage!

Photobucket

Ohhhh...I LOVE this next shot! This field is just a few feet from their house and we went outside as a storm was blowing in...no worries, there was no lightning yet!! It was SO windy I am not sure how Gentry was even able to walk! Huntler absolutely did NOT like it and went back in after just a few minutes!! Anyway, I love the colors...the deep blue with the gold of the wheat and the green on her shirt...FUN! 

And on a little sidenote...just because I want to add in as many of the details as I can about our trip...Gentry was not so sure about the wind either our first morning there! Grandma had the kids out picking up sticks (a BIG storm blew through the night before we arrived) and every time the wind blew the branches in the trees would shake and make noise.  This would cause our Gentry girl to panic and run to my mom and say, "Hold you, hold you." The wind itself didn't seem to bother her, just the noise it made rattling through the trees! I MISS that noise. Isn't it funny how things I would have never even thought about before suddenly seem so real? Out here we have palm trees and although they are nice, they aren't big, mature trees that are so full of leaves you only see a patch of sky here and there. They are cute, litte palm trees!!

And don't even get me started on storms...I LOVE LOVE LOVE a good old fashioned Kansas thunderstorm!! In Arizona, we are lucky if we get a few inches all year....enough said!!

Photobucket

Enjoy your Friday! We are going to find something fun to do - like maybe hit a scrapbook store and look for papers for Gentry's upcoming birthday bash! And maybe the pool this afternoon! The laundry is done, the suitcases are put away and we need to find something to pass the hours while we wait for Daddy to get home and the weekend to begin!!


post signature

7 comments:

Jules said...

That last picture is amazing! What fun memories. Halley HATES wind. Mostly because it messes up her hair though. (Prissy.) It sends her to tears every time.

You can call me Lucky. said...

I hope you find some cute papers. . . maybe some CUPCAKE papers!!!

There is a cute new line out I saw recently that is light pink with sparkled cupcakes and cake that is happy birthday. super cute.

Love the photos. . . makes me wish I had more with my PawPaw!

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean when you said you missed that noise. There are so many things you never would of thought about until you move away. I missed some things that would sound crazy to others when we moved. I appreciate them so greatly now. Love the pic. Brandy

Laura said...

AMAZING pictures...that last one is soo beautiful! Glad you're getting back into the swing of things! Can't wait to see more of your pictures from home.

Anonymous said...

Hi Bethany,
I know it has been a while since I have written but I do check in on you and yours almost daily. Just had to say the last picture of Genty in the field is AWESOME. One for your bedroom wall of favorites. Hope all is well.

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Sorry; Gentry. I type too fast!

Kelly

Sherry said...

What a beautiful picture! I love it when I can get shots like that!!