I am really having fun with this weekly photo challenge that Brittany over at 4 Little Men and Girly Twins is doing! Since I haven't kept up with my whole "Flashback Friday" thing for the last several months {I can't even remember the last time I did it to be truthful!}, I enjoy taking these little treks down memory lane each week!
And this week it is actually a decent photo! So here is the third image in my January 2007 folder!
This was taken in Gentry's room before we even got it painted!! Huntler was two years and three months and she wasn't even six months old yet!!
And here was the very next one...
And a couple more from that month that I really like!!

What I am trying to figure out though is what in the world happened to my babies?!! They are so grown up these days, both of them. Other than her binky, there is nothing baby left about Gentry and Huntler outgrew his baby face long ago. Hmmm...so sad!!
On a cheerier note, have you seen that Target has Smurfs?!! I about wet my pants I was so excited Friday when I was in there!! I wanted one of everything!! And just to clarify, that would be for me, not the kids. They don't have a clue who the Smurfs even are, but oh how I adored them when I was a kid!! I remember so vividly the little plastic characters we had and playing with them at my grandma and grandpa's farm. Gosh that was a long time ago!!

I did exert some self control...I walked away with a mere six characters instead of all of them. And the cute little mushroom houses were still sitting on the shelf when I checked out! They didn't have either of the above pieces in the store but they sure are cute, aren't they?! I guess in my "old age" I forgot that Smurfs lived in mushrooms? EEK!! Fits right in with my current mushroom obsession!! Do you think it would be a bit odd for me to ask for them for my birthday in April considering I am going to be 29?!!
And speaking of Target {okay, yeah so that was five minutes ago, I know!!}, have you checked out their baby bedding lately?! They have done a little bit of rearranging at ours and it is all now on an end aisle, so I walked right by it. I never look at that stuff anymore since we don't have babies and aren't having one anytime in the near future! But goodness it is CUTE!!
So this next picture is the stuff I REALLY love, but since I won't be getting it anytime in the next life, I have moved on. I mean, really, the $90 it would cost for the sheet set alone is totally absurd. I could buy a new lens with the money it would cost to buy new bedding in! Had we not already spent a small fortune in Pottery Barn bedding that hasn't even been used yet, it would be a different story. But considering that just across the way over in Gentry's room there is a super cute full sized quilt and some fun decorative pillows and shams still in their original packaging, we are keeping what we have. {My financial planner of a husband brought me back down to reality on that subject!! Although...when we move back to Kansas, I want to change things up again!!}
And this is the bedding we have. She has the matching stuff for her crib...the bumper pad and comforter. We are no longer using the bumper pad {obviously!}, but now that we have converted the crib to a little toddler bed, she uses the comforter for every nap and every night!!
And this is the sheet I bought at Target. Sheesh, I managed to get WAY off topic and babble on forever here!! Anyway, the sheet is darling and goes perfect with her little quilt and the colors in her room! And most of all, she loves it! It makes her smile and giggle!! And it was only $10.99...not an arm an a leg! So, I guess there are benefits to leaving her in that little bed for a bit longer, we can still shop in the baby section!! The funny thing is, I haven't bought a sheet for her since she was just a couple of months old...this entire time she has had a solid pink sheet and a solid green sheet! Why didn't I think to look sooner!?
Alright, well, we are going to a birthday party here in just over an hour so I should go put some makeup on and try to look presentable! And even though the stinkin' Wii Fit told me I have gained FIVE pounds since my last workout {which was over a month ago!}, I am looking forward to some yummy cake! But seriously, FIVE pounds? How is that even possible? I must have been having a super skinny day the last time I weighed and not such a skinny day yesterday. Blah.
Enjoy your weekend!
Love God. Serve others. Tacos.
9 years ago
Tidbits Left by

5 comments:
Wow! Since I haven't been reading long, it's really odd to see these pictures. Your little ones have changed so much!
But they're as adorable as ever =)
Oh you do have a cute blog Bethany!!
S x
Oh my goodness...I am cracking right now! I totally have a visual of you discovering the smurf stuff at Target and breakin' into a happy dance! It looks adoarable!
I love seeing the older pictures of Huntler and Gentry. That first one where you can see Gentry's chubby little baby foot in the background is great!
All the bedding looks super cute! Great finds!! Have a great week and don't let that stinkin' Wii get you down. Love ya!
I LOVE your blog, especially now that I'm expecting a little one. You inspire me and exhaust me! How do you do so much crafting without blowing up? Gotta come to Phoenix and get some Super-Mom training. :)
Miss you-Katie.
Love the pics of the kids! I, too, was marveling at how old they look now just a couple of years later. BUT, they are soooo cute both then and now! Love ya. Debbie
Post a Comment