So do you like how I am making this so interactive?! Getting everyone's two cents here? One would think I have no opinions of my own, but let me just say that I most certainly do! I am just really, really torn on this!! {Obviously!!}
I just want to make it as perfect as I can and getting some feedback is so vital to that!! However...I must say that I am still having a HUGE debate as far as the whole one blog/two blogs thing goes...despite the fact that counting Chris' vote and my vote, it is an overwhelming nine votes to two to keep two separate blogs!! While everything you all said was very valid and makes total and complete sense to me, for some reason I am hung up on combining them and I just can't shake that thought!!
I guess I feel like I want to know things about the person who is taking my pictures or making me a cute dress on Etsy or designing my Christmas cards. I think putting a face and a personality to that person and realizing that they are in fact real just adds so much. I don't know...I am sure I don't make sense, but oh well!! I truly appreciate your feedback and I'll keep ya posted!! For now I am just leaving things as they are because hello, I don't even have any clients yet!!
So that brings me to my next big decision. While crammed in our queen sized bed early this morning with absolutely NO room to even breathe with a kid on each side of me and Chris just on the other side of Gentry, I lay awake pondering this very subject!! One blog? Two blogs? Pros? Cons? Yadda, yadda, yadda!!
And then it hit me...what if I had a little tag line! Back when I first had my logo created in October the designer asked if I had one. Nope. Just Hissyfits Photography. I have thought of that off and on for some time, but it wasn't until the wee hours of the morning that this came to me! What if I had something like:
Capturing the Sweet Moments
Preserving the Sweetness
Sharing the Sweetness
{In case you didn't know...I am using "sweetness" because of the fact that there will be a lollipop incorporated in my logo and will be my little "trademark" for my business!}
I could go on and on...like "Savoring the Sweetness one Click at a Time." You probably don't know this about me, but I almost majored in English!! You do know that I am wordy beyond belief though so I am sure this comes as no surprise!
Anyway, I am not starting this business to become rich and famous. I am not starting it with the intention of earning a ton of money. For me, it is simply about doing something I absoultely LOVE and sharing it with others. Giving someone a gift that they couldn't give themselves. Capturing a memory and preserving childhood. I mean, if I could make enough to buy more lenses or some riduculously expensive cute clothes, that would be icing on the cake, but mostly it is about having something of "mine" that I truly love. Make sense? So, with saying that, I am not all about being "prim and proper" and extremely professional. That is SO NOT ME!! I am lighthearted, energetic, cheery and I want everything about each aspect of it to reflect just that.
So...back to my original point here. Does anyone have any thoughts for a fun tag line? I haven't had much time to think about it and just wanted to know your thoughts on what I have come up with so far or if anything came to you!!
Thanks again for all of your input!! It is really fun to see what others think!! It is easy for me to get caught up in my own thoughts and then I feel like I might be overlooking something!
And on that note, I am off!! Huntler is at school and Gentry girl is passed out on the floor beside me!! Apparently she doesn't sleep as well crammed in our bed either!!
Love God. Serve others. Tacos.
9 years ago
Tidbits Left by

11 comments:
So reading your 9th paragraph, I found what I thought were some key words to describe what you want to do... share, gift, love. How about "Sharing the sweet gift of love."?
I was a scientist, trained to reduce everything to basics when writing. In my second career of being more artistic and creative, this has been a curse! Perhaps for once in it will be a benefit to someone in a creative field.
I do like savoring the sweetness one click at a time!
You get the photo hint and the candy reference.
It sounds like a lot of fun.
Good luck.
Oh and I think one blog, because you will have more readers following.
Rather than two, that would take up too much time to keep up with.
Just my thoughts.
http://rmdenning.blogspot.com/
here is her personal blog
http://www.mindyleigh.com/
here is her site
http://www.mindyleigh.com/blog/
and apparently she now has a work blog
Oh...I love your ideas for tag lines.
'Savoring the sweetness one click at a time' really does incorporate the lolli and photography. But I also like the simple and short 'Capturing the sweet moments' or 'Capturing life's sweet moments'
I totally agree with the not "prim & proper" thing! Businesses these days are fun and personal. I have links to my business website on my blog AND links to my blog on my website. I want clients looking around on my website to be able to visit my blog and get a peek into my everyday life & what inspires me :) Being able to do that gives them a great idea who they're working with. Especially with my type of business...80% of the time I never meet clients in person!
You'll figure it out, girl! Good luck!
I really like Laura's line, "Capturing life's sweet moments" or you could say "capturing life's sweetest moments".
When I first read the line about clicks, it took me a second to figure out that you meant camera clicks as opposed to mouse clicks, but maybe I'm just a little slow. Or maybe because I had a mouse in my hand and not a camera. That one seems too long also. I like the simpler lines better.
So, it sounds like you are leaning towards two blogs. There's nothing wrong with starting out that way and separating them later after you get more clients! I've seen tons of photographers upgrade their blogs and then they just leave a link on their old one sending their clients/readers to the new one.
I love the tag line, but I think the simpler, the better. For instance, "Hissyfits photography...for the sweet moments". Just my two cents!
I commented on the post below about the whole 2 blogs or 1 thing... but about the tag line.... I am not loving the word clicks. Then I thought about shot and that didn't sound right either. I think I like "capturing life's sweetest moments." When I think of the word capturing I think of photos. Good luck!
Perhaps the thought of maintaining 2 blogs is just underscoring to you the amount of time you have to invest in a business. It's scary, but if it's what you love, somehow you squeeze it all in. Just remember, 24 hours every day, no more no less. So choosing one thing causes something else to be squeezed out. Hopefully what goes are wasted moments or time spent doing things you didn't like to do anyway. I KNOW you'll figure out the right fit for you! Love, Debbie
Personally, I think a second blog for Hissyfits would be a good idea. That way it is strictly photography and/or business related. But of course include a link back to Graham Cracker Crumbs so clients can get a feel for your personality and your life. I can't wait to see what you decide!
I will tell you my thoughts. I started out with 2 blogs...one buisness and one personal. I couldn't keep up...It was annoying having to keep up 2 blogs. To me anyways....and if anyone knows you then they probably will want to see your personal stuff too...Unless you don't want your clients know that personal stuff...but I think it is a way for them to get to you know you too. tought deicison but I am sure you will make the right now
Since the name is Hissyfits Photography, what if you used that to play into things. Something like "Crazy moments, Sweet memories" or I don't really know, some sort of juxtaposition between the lovely photography and the humor in the name?
In addition, I think a second blog is a good idea. I love looking at photo blogs that leave most of the explaining up to the pictures, not words. Also, you can always add a link to this blog on your photo blog if you want to, but you can't always separate the professional and the personal worlds once you've let them collide in such a big way.
Post a Comment