A couple of weeks ago when I first blogged about Cora, I had no idea how her story would unfold. I had hope and faith that she would overcome the challenges she had been dealt, beat the cancer and live a long life full of love and beauty. But it appears that God has other plans for Cora...
I am simply overwhelmed by the amount of love I see pouring out of people all over the country in honor of this sweet girl and her family. Strangers, complete strangers, who are sharing her story, opening their hearts and giving of themselves. It reminds me that despite the unfair circumstances and the harsh world we live in, there is good out there. A lot of good. Like so many, I never met Cora. I didn't fall in love with that beautiful little chubby cheeked girl until word of her cancer spread. I know for one, I will never be the same. Ever.
My heart continues to break for her family. Tears flow again as I type this. I haven't been able to get them off my mind since she first entered the hospital, but the last few days the McClenahan's have been weighing on my mind and heart so heavily. My mind will continue to drift to Kansas today as they celebrate the all too short life of their baby girl. I hope they are able to find comfort in each other and their faith as they face what is sure to be one of the hardest days they have ever had to endure. Oh how my heart breaks for them...
I am amazed at all of the posts I have seen on this little beauty. The way the blog world has come together in support of this family simply leaves me speechless. The people out there posting notes of love and remembrance, of hope and encouragement. Heaven sure got one loved little Cora Paige on Sunday.
My friend Julie is putting her amazing talent to use in such a great way. She is making headbands and pins in honor of Cora and selling them in her Etsy shop. All proceeds go directly to the construction of the Cora Playground in Cora's hometown.


The first picture is of the original fabric Julie chose in honor of Cora. So many people are showing their love and support that she sold out of them!! I missed out on getting the original, but I did manage to get a butterfly headband for Gentry. Each and every time she wears that headband I will be reminded of Cora, her journey, her family. I will be reminded to cherish each and every moment I am given with those I love the most for you see, each day is a gift, not a guarantee.
I just wanted to share this for those of you who would like to do something in memory of Cora. Go buy a headband or pin or donate to the playground fund.
Love God. Serve others. Tacos.
9 years ago
Tidbits Left by

3 comments:
It IS amazing to see all of these people (even those that had never met Cora) come together and show their love and support for this wonderful family!
These headbands and pins are adorable! That's awesome that Julie is giving her time and proceeds to Cora's playground. God bless her!
Thanks for posting this, buying a headband and your sweet words!
Oh how this family has touched my heart! I love Julie's idea :)
Thanks for sharing Bethany!
Denise
Post a Comment