Friday, February 6, 2009

"Sew" My Luck...

Why is it that like the second time I go to use my sewing machine in the 4+ years that I have owned the said machine does it have to go and lock up on me?! I should be stitching along right now listening to the whir of the washing machine downstairs and the mumbles of Huntler as he reads himself a Thomas book. While thoughts of tossing that little piece of machinery out the window after trying to no avail to get it going again most certainly crossed my mind, I decided to blog instead! And hope that my super smart husband can come to the rescue when he gets home from work tonight! {I already read the manual and called my mom...still locked up!}

I mean, when you have fabric this cute and have plans of making your sweet girl a couple of sassy new sundresses, of course you are bummed when you can't! Isn't this fabric adorable?!! I bought it back in Kansas City at Hobby Lobby! It is gathered at the top and will be SO stinking cute on Gentry girl! Well, that is, if I ever get to finish!! I was working on the flowered one when it all went bad!! I plan to make a matching headband like this one for her too {there are all sorts of patterns out there to choose from}! And some other fun little hair flowers if I have enough fabric left over!! I may have to head back to Hobby Lobby tomorrow to get some more...

Photobucket

And because I am obsessed with polka dots! {Just ignore the wrinkles...I haven't ironed that one yet!!}

Photobucket

So that is my day! Waiting on Gentry girl to wake up and we are headed out to pull weeds! They are OUT OF CONTROL! Spring comes early in the desert!

I think I'll go see if the little break did my friend the sewing machine any good!

Have a wonderful weekend!

7 comments:

Jules said...

Super cute fabric!!! Once again, wishing we had a stinking Hobby Lobby! Nice tutorial for the headbands too. They look easy. Hoping your machine stops being bratty.

Katy @ Live Laugh Love Craft said...

Such cute fabric! A sewing machine is next up on my list of crafty things to buy. :)

i love plum said...

very cute fabric! locked up huh? try taking the bobbin out and rethreading the needle (if you haven't already :) it is SO frustrating when you can't do what you want to do! good luck...hopefully your husband will work some magic! xo

Polka Dot Moon said...

Oh I love your fabrics!! My machine was given to me for my 18th birthday and is quite an antique ;)
that I'm still trying to figure out! Hmmm.......maybe in my free time I will take a class :)
Have a great weekend!!!
Denise

Lindsey said...

Hey :) I DESPISE it when I am mid project and my machine goes crazy on me! Check the Bobbin, Thread and the tension also. CUTE fabric! I can't wait to see Miss Gentry in the dresses!!

Theresa said...

Oh my goodness, that first fabric is amazing. I will definitely be hitting hobby lobby when I'm in town today.

~Rachel said...

I need a sewing machine I think!! I would love to make things for Lily!! Hmmm..how can I make it so I get one from the hubby?//