So I started to post yesterday...I really and truly did, but the words were not coming easily {or at all for that matter!} so I deleted the entry and nixed the idea. Ever have days like that?
The first part of my day yesterday was absolutely crazy...as in drop Huntler off at school, run a couple of errands, go back to Huntler's school to take pics and help with his Valentine's Day party and then meet a friend at the McDonald's Play Place for lunch. We didn't get home until 2:00 PM! Just in time to put Gentry down for a nap and then snuggle with Huntler for a bit...which resulted in nice long naps for both of us too!! Ahhh how I love a good nap every now and again!
That pretty much sums up our day...or at least most of it. Chris had to work late so after the kids and I ate dinner we hung out downstairs for awhile. And that is when I got the call. The call that caused my heart to sink to my stomach and for my ability to focus to completely vanish. It was Lisa and they were on their way to the nearest children's hospital with sweet Avery to undergo a CT scan and try to get some answers as to why she had such a horrible day yesterday {hysterical screaming, vomiting, fainting}. This was after they had already spent hours at their local hospital while she had blood drawn and a variety of others things done. Anyway, after I heard the words "air lift" and "she is stabilized so we are going to drive her instead" I pretty much wasn't even sure what was going on because the emotion overcame me. I just knew that is wasn't good and my heart was breaking for them. Why is life so unfair? Why are all these babies so sick and suffering so much?
Anyway, after one LONG night in the ER they are home with no more answers than they went in with. The doctors were able to rule many things out, but unable to determine what exactly is going on. I can only imagine the frustration they must be feeling.
I talk about Lisa all the time, but I don't go into the details of Avery's diagnosis much. She suffers from TS and constantly battles seizures...not to mention the numerous tumors on her brain and in her little body. On her carepage {besides having a blog, Lisa also has a carepage set up where she updates people a little more on the medical aspect of what is going on with Avery} she mentioned today that it can't be easy being her friend. That you never know when you are going to get a frantic call that really doesn't make much sense. Well Lisa, I want to say to you that that's what friends are for...standing by your side during the good and the bad. I wouldn't consider myself a true friend if I turned my back because things weren't always "easy." True friends are there for listening to latest reports from the doctors. As well as listening to what pieces of the new Gymobree line you bought or the ideas you have in mind for Kaylen's next birthday party! For crying when there is nothing else we can do. For caring as if it were our own child. For laughing in the good times. For relishing in the milestones. For discussing Katie Holmes' latest hair style and what in the world The Bachelor is thinking! The good, the bad, the ugly...that is what friends are for. I am beyond blessed to not only have you in my life, but your sweet family as well. We love you guys dearly and can't wait for the day we are back in Kansas and can call this long distance relationship quits!!
So that is my post for today...I simply want to tell my dear friend how much she is loved despite the chaos that sometimes consumes her days! And I also want to ask each of you to keep sweet Avery in your thoughts and prayers...she could really use them right now.
And that is it for today...this post has been on my mind all morning and something I really wanted to share! I PROMISE to be back this weekend with the "first installment" of answers to some of your questions! As well as an update on my loopy bow giveaway! {I made a set but just wasn't loving them so I decided to keep them and start all over!!} Anyway, my inbox is overflowing so I am going to return a few emails and then I HAVE to get back to work on this house! Why does it take SO long to clean?!!
Love God. Serve others. Tacos.
9 years ago
Tidbits Left by

9 comments:
I don't know what to say about sweet little Avery except that I hope she is better soon.
So I'll move on to the last part and say that I wonder why my house takes so long to clean too. And I don't even have kids yet.
I will certainly keep Miss Avery in my prayers. It breaks my heart that any child has to endure sickness and suffering. I hope they will get some answers and relief soon. You are a wonderful friend to Lisa and I know she appreciates all of your kind words and support! You are a wonderful friend to everyone!
Good luck with your bow and cleaning! Sorry I added to your full email inbox earlier. I just had a few questions I knew you could help with :) NO rush getting back to me.
Have a great weekend! Love you bunches and bunches!
Praying for sweet little Avery
I went over to Lisa's blog and was so touched by Sweet Avery! She is so precious and perfect! I think you are a great friend Bethany...I only wish I could see you more often. Maybe one day,my kiddos will be germ-free!
i've got the girls screaming behind me so just a quick little note to let you know i'm thinking of you...xo
Well lucky me, my kid isn't screaming behind me, i snuck down stairs without her knowing...haha!
anyway that is so sad to hear about Avery. I will be praying as well. Sometimes it is so hard to understand that God's ways are not our ways!
Jessi
I'm very sorry to hear of Avery's ordeal. I will keep her and her family in my thoughts and prayers, hoping answers will be found soon and the uncertainty will be only a memory. Life wouldn't hold much pleasure if it weren't for our relationships. Glad you and Lisa found a true friend in each other. Hoping everyone has a Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow. Love, Debbie
Hi Bethany!
It's been awhile since I've commented..but I check in frequently! I just wanted to let you know we are keeping Avery and her family in our prayers!Hope to talk to you soon!
Andrea and Gaby Haines
Hi! I've found your blog recently and through here I found out about Cora. That sweet girl and her family just break my heart, and I wanted to thank you for introducing me to them. And for such a great blog!!! I love "checking" in, even though you have no idea who I am! :)
Sarah
Post a Comment