Since I had that sweet picture of my darling Gentry girl up yesterday, I wanted to share one of my super sweet Huntler too! I took this picture last month (I can't remember if I put in on my blog or not), but I LOVE it! It isn't perfect (from the technical photography standpoint), but I don't care! I don't see any of that when I look at it. I only see my handsome lil' guy with dirt on his face!
Isn't it funny how a picture can tell a story? Well, not funny in the "ha ha" kind of way, more like amazing. Isn't it amazing how a picture can tell a story? Can take you back to a moment forever frozen in time? I think that is why I am so in love with the whole concept of photography...I love to write, to tell the stories of our life, but I also love photos. The expressions, the events, the ins and outs of our everyday life captured in an image to remind us, to take us back...
On this day it was hot. Well, not "hot" so to speak for Arizona, but "hot" in my mind! I don't like to be hot, I never have. And sweating?! I bet I am the only person you can find who doesn't like to sweat when she works out...not that I work out on a regular basis...that would be ideal...
Sorry...I am telling you, I love to chat and get sidetracked easily! Getting back on track...the day I took this photo we were all outside...Chris and I were working and the kids were playing with this little plastic wagon which is meant for them to pull (not sit in) when they came up with this wonderful idea to have go cart races. Each would take a turn sitting in the wagon and they would push each other around. They LOVED it! But, they love each other and thoroughly enjoy spending time together. I am sure that will change at some point, but right now they are the best of friends (unless they are fighting of course!). It isn't always a piece of cake having them so close in age, but I am so, so thankful they have each other.
Okay....BACK to the picture here! Its story. By looking at a picture you can learn so much about someone and a situation. Obviously this was taken outside and my little man is filthy! And judging by that smile, he was having a pretty darn good time! You can't tell what he was doing or who is around him, but you can tell he was genuinely happy. I am probably the only one who will remember this day when I see this picture, but that's okay. It is those memories, of grubbing in the dirt and running up and down the driveway dripping in sweat that I always want to carry with me. The little things in life that make it all worth living. The details.


Tidbits Left by

No comments:
Post a Comment