Monday, May 5, 2008

Stylie Noel the Carnivore!

Photobucket
Here she is in all her sweetness...our sassy little Gentry! I took this picture about 6 weeks ago and I L*O*V*E it! Each time I look at it, it brings a smile to my face. My sweet, sassy and oh so spunky Gentry girl!

Anyway, lately I have been thinking about her name quite a bit! My mom had heard the name "Gentry" long before I was even pregnant with this little angel and I knew at once I loved it! It went in "the vault" so no one would steal it up until I was pregnant again and we started talking names! I seem to have this "thing" about me where I like extremely unusual names...can you tell?! I have never heard of another Huntler out there, but there are other Gentry's roaming around! My dearest friend Lisa knows someone else that has a daughter named Gentry Noel too...same first and middle names, but hers is spelled differently!! Is that not CRAZY or what?! (I guess I should tell you that there was another Gintry born in Lisa's town too!)

Anyway, when I was pregnant we did go ahead and look through books and come up with a list of other names that we really liked, but in the end, it was Gentry! We had it narrowed down to two names...the other was Pfeiffer. Although we both liked it, Chris was afraid if we used it we would wind up with a wild child! Obviously that was in the making long before we chose a name because Gentry is quite the little spitfire! The more I look at it now, we would have had to come up with a different spelling...that is really hard for me to spell, let alone a child!! But it is still a cute name!

Where I am going with this is...does a name really shape a person?! Way back when I was pregnant with Huntler we were in the doctor's office and heard the name Stylie. We already knew Huntler was a boy at that point, but I have always remembered that name! And as Gentry gets older and asserts her independence, she is quite the little fashionista! We are always talking about what a perfect little "Stylie" she would be! Not that we have any regrets about her name...we LOVE it! And it is her, through and through. Our sassy little Gentry girl with bright blue eyes, white blonde hair and GAPPY front teeth!

And in case you were wondering, which I KNOW you were, the other name we had for Huntler was Ryerson. Although I like them both, I am really glad we decided upon Huntler! And as for the rest of the baby names I love, those are being kept top secret in case we decide to have another baby! I don't want any of you stealing my faves!!

And that brings me to my next point...something else I have been thinking about a lot lately! I am not so sure when I have all this "free time" to think about this random stuff, but I do!! When I was pregnant with Gentry, I craved meat...beef mostly. Hamburgers, meatballs, anything that had beef in it! And as little miss gets older, it seems as though she has an obsession with meat! She calls it all chicken - beef, pork, chicken - it is all the same in her eyes, but she LOVES it! She will devour her entire helping and then Huntler's while he nibbles away on some fruit. And then he helps himself to the fruit she won't eat!! I didn't so much crave fruit with him, but I do love it! With him it was pasta...macaroni mostly...and he does love that! 

I am sure there is no way to ever tell if a mother's cravings impact what the child likes, but it is definitely interesting! Anybody have any thoughts?!!

So, just some totally random things to think about on this lovely Monday morning!

post signature

4 comments:

Julie - On the Dot Creations said...

Those glasses crack me up! And I love the crop on that picture, by the way -- fabulous!

Anonymous said...

I craved and ate so much watermelon when I was pregnant and now Owen can't get enough of it! It has to be somehow related!

Sarah

Laura said...

Loved catching up on all your weekend posts this morning! It was a nice little break from my work! I can't wait about the cravings yet, but I ate lots of mac 'n cheese too, so we'll see if Barrett LOVES it! Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

I would eat no meat, but hamburgers when I was pregnant with Kellen, and we have had a huge problem with Kellen never wanting meat, but he will eat a hamburger. I ate ice cream and lots of taco bell with Quinton and his favorite foods are ice cream and soft tacos. So... I believe you are on to something. Brandy B.