Sunday, May 18, 2008

One Little Snippet...

Ok...so you know there is NO WAY I could possibly go to bed without loading all 584 pictures...yes, that is correct, 584...on to the computer! I have TONS to delete as well as lots of editing to do, but I wanted to share just one.


For anyone who has children, you understand how nearly impossible it is to get a decent shot of everyone. We are no exception as you can tell from this shot, but I wanted to share a family pic and it was by far the best one!! We are having family pictures taken this summer and I definitely do not envy the photographer! WHEW! Getting eye contact or just a decent shot is HARD! Hope she has a few tricks up her sleeve!

Anyway, one of the guys we were with on the trip has friends in San Francisco and we met up with them on Thursday. They gave us an amazing tour of the city and I have so much to share, but that will come later! 

This was taken at this place that is totally off the beaten path for the "average" tourist...no signs, no major markers to exit....just a cool place known by the locals! We were in the Marin Headlands (or just outside of them...I get confused) and were actually looking down on the bridge and across as the city with Alcatraz just to our left.  A*M*A*Z*I*N*G. The place we were at was actually an old military post...it really made me stop and think about how much we take for granted in our lives. Knowing that soldiers once walked where I was walking to stand guard and protect our land was such an amazing, yet totally eerie feeling.

Anyway, here we are...windblown, hot (abnormally hot for San Fran...go figure that I would have such luck!!), tired and just a typical family of four checking out the Golden Gate Bridge!!
Photobucket

post signature

5 comments:

Jules said...

Family photos... impossible! Two Christmas cards ago we had a friend Photoshop Halley's face from another frame onto the one where Lucy looked good! It turned out cute, but every time I look at it I secretly know how fake it really is! Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back and had a great trip! Can't wait to hear all about it. Love, Debbie

Julie - On the Dot Creations said...

Oooo! I LOVE San Francisco! Glad to hear you had a great trip!

Laura said...

That is a great pic of your sweet little family! I can't wait to hear all about your trip and see your amazing photography!! Good luck with the laundry :)I missed you while you were gone!
Chat soon~

Christie's Endless Craze said...

Oh my goodness! You picked one of the hottest weekends yet on the west coast. You do have all the luck girl! Can't wait to see the pictures.