Friday, May 2, 2008

Flashback Friday!!!

I decided this week it only appropriate to dedicate my "Flashback Friday" to my brother, Garrett. Tomorrow he will don his cap and gown, receive his diploma and graduate from college! First of all, I can hardly believe it! I remember when he was just a tiny little guy that used to get toted around in wicker laundry baskets and dressed up for Halloween! I am not sure if I am more in shock that he is even old enough to be graduating at this point or if it is the fact that if he is graduating from college then that makes me that much older!!


Here he is, many years ago, on our swing set. This was taken in 1986...he was 11 months old! I wonder if he ever felt like this on those mornings when he had been out too late the night before?! (And that is me in the background...I would SO get stuck if I attempted to wedge my behind in something like that these days!!)
Photobucket
And the little star...I mentioned last week that he is an amazing athlete. Wrestling is his sport and it has been for years (obviously). He just finished out his last year at the college level. I seemed to have been COMPLETELY overlooked in the whole "athletic" department - I guess he got it all!
Photobucket
Besides being athletic, he is also "into" snakes and lizards and creepy little critters that "normal" people don't like! I remember when he was still in grade school he would take off on his bike for hours in search of snakes, toads, lizards and whatever else he could uncover. And he would come toting them home in various containers to keep as pets. Yeah, my mom really loved that!! It is funny to me to think about this...not because it is weird and he is crazy, but because he has known all along he loved this stuff. His major is in Biology and his minor in Chemistry. I will be anxious to see where he goes with it! And in case you are wondering...he set up his little camera and took this picture of himself last spring when he was out visiting...very dorky, yes. And also so very "Survivorman-ish!" 
Photobucket
And last but certainly not least is a picture from last summer when my parents and Garrett and Dani (his girlfriend just in case you couldn't tell!) came out for Gentry's birthday party. Dani is a great girl and I had a nice time getting to know her a little better! Because we live way out here in the desert and they are what seems like millions of miles away back in Kansas, I don't have the opportunity to see or chat with her much, but I know she has to be pretty special to put up with a snake catching, lizard loving wrestler!! Ha ha ha!

Congrats Garrett! I hope you have a truly memorable day!
Photobucket

post signature

3 comments:

Laura said...

Ahh...this is so sweet! What a cute little survivorman-I love that show! My little brother graduates the 17th! Hard to believe our baby brothers are turning into men!

Anonymous said...

Cute site my dear! Where do you find the time? :) Can't wait to see you sometime soon! Jennifer W.

duchess said...

Jennisa did a great job.
I love to look through photographers web sites as well. Stop by - I have a few listed on my side bar that you might like to visit.