Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Family Room

So my munchkins are sickly...snotty little noses and just not quite up to par today. Not that either one has been overly whiny or anything, but neither one is acting quite like they do on a normal basis!! 

I have spent a lot of time today wiping noses and picking up kleenex. Poor Huntler has not even come close to grasping the concept of using a kleenex or just a small piece of toilet paper to wipe his nose when it runs...the child unrolls a good quarter of a roll of TP to make one little swipe across his face with it and loads up the trash can! I am glad he tries to take care of it himself and assert a little independence, but it is definitely going to take some practice to perfect that skill!
 
And then there is Gentry...she just roams around with her nose running to her top lip, oblivious to the world! Lots of times she F*I*G*H*T*S us when we try to wipe her nose and get her face cleaned up, but she has been such a little champ today, even saying "Thanks" when I am done!

Since we haven't been out and about and I am not taking pictures of my little ragamuffins with dry, red skin and runny noses, I decided to share a couple more house pics. These are of our family room...we painted in in October and L*O*V*E it! It is so cozy and warm in there now! I even painted the ceiling! I am sure  no one else notices that little detail that took HOURS, but we know and I guess that is all that matters!

Anyway, it is obviously no big secret that I love pictures! But, I am not a lover of clutter and 500 frames sitting around! Sorry, if I am describing you then that is fine for you, but it's not for me! I had seen these picture walls before and knew that we HAD to have one...you know, just another of my fabulous ideas that requires a lot of thought and effort from Chris!! 

I purchased all the frames from Michael's when they were 40% off and then we got to work...well, Chris got to work! I have absolutely no patience for the technical side of things. I will do all the painting and pick out the decor and such, but I do NOT want to measure lines or spend two hours rearranging frames on the floor until we get the "right" layout! I guess that is why we compliment each other so well...Chris hates to paint but he seriously enjoys the grueling, thought provoking aspects that I despise!!

I guess I should also tell you that the niche where the TV is was originally one large opening. Chris added in the top part to make it have the three little cubbies at the top and then the one large opening at the bottom. Another project that was harder than it looks! He is a total electronics/techy guru and added in lighting above each of the three little cubbies as well!

Since these were taken we have added a few new decorations to fill in the empty spaces in the niches as well as by the TV. It is such a fun room!!
Photobucket
Photobucket

post signature

5 comments:

Jennifer Paganelli said...

love that wall what a pretty collage of faces..jennifer

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear the kids are not up to par. Glad it wasn't a terrible day for all of you and hope it doesn't get worse before it gets better. I never knew you painted the ceiling. Is it a different color than before? Debbie

Anonymous said...

Sorry the kiddos are feeling sick! Love the picture wall... it is a really cute touch in your room!!

Jules said...

I love everything about the room! The red is gorgeous. How many stinky coats did it take? The pictures are perfection! Hooray for hubby's that can tackle projects like that and for Michael's coupons.

Jaime said...

What a gorgeous home you have. I love the photo wall as well. Where did you get all the frames?