Saturday, April 5, 2008

Christmas in April?

So, maybe not (ESPECIALLY in AZ), but it sure felt like it yesterday when the mail arrived! I was practically SKIPPING from the mailbox all the way home because the THREE packages I had ordered all came on the same day! WHOO HOO! Considering we are used to getting only bills and junk mail (although I will say that the grandmas have sent a package or two recently!!!), I was on cloud nine! 


Anyway, those DARLING prints I posted below came so beautifully wrapped I waited for Chris to come home for lunch before opening them! Polka-dotted paper and a ribbon wrapped around the envelope...it was the cutest package I think I have EVER received in the mail!! Anyway, I opened it oh-so carefully and then re-wrapped it (yes, I am a dork!!) with the intentions of taking pics! TOTALLY made my day!! And the prints are a thousand times cuter in person...so rich and vibrant! LOVE THEM! (Be sure to scroll down and check them out if you haven't already!!)

Also, the fabric came for covering those 5 pieces of canvas I have been babbling about! Chris was going to start on those tonight, but they need ironed (he apparently didn't want to do that for some reason?!) first, so that will have to wait til morn! And those too were incredibly more bright and colorful in person!

And the third thing?? A plastic mold for making cupcake lollipops (white chocolate) for Miss Gentry's birthday. It isn't until July, but hey, I am a BIG planner-aheader. Is that a word?? Well, bear with me..it is after midnight and I am still plugging away on the computer! Have been for hours now! Anyway, I ordered white chocolate lollies from E-bay for both of the kids' birthday parties last year and BOTH times we had some major mishaps. The first time the person packing them neglected to put ice packs in them and they arrived as soppy little ladybugs!! Mind you, we are in ARIZONA and the summer of 2007 was the hottest on record!! Anyway, the lady was great...it was their fault so she whipped up another batch and I got them the next morning. Cost her a fortune in shipping, but they were still cold from the ice!  :)  Then, for Huntler's birthday, we HAPPEN to have a "substitute" mail man who didn't leave the box on our porch the day it came. We weren't home, but it wasn't anything I had to sign for. Anyway, the box made it back to the post office where it sat, and by the time the beloved farm animal lollipops made it to us, they were once again mis-shapen. So...sorry to bore you with that bit of babble! Long story short, I am going to try to make my own this year and see what happens! I may try my hand and whipping up some cute little soaps as well! So, if you are still following along come July, you'll get to see my work!


No comments: